Help with value

Hey yall, Im looking into trading my 2011 GT for a fox body and I found one, but unsure of its value and whether it would be a good trade.
93 GT Hatch with a Tangerine Orange paintjob, 351w stroked to 408 with a DSS kit, ATI powerglide with a Neal Chance 3800 stall, custom bullet cam, muffler delete, carbed, and more that’s detailed in the photos.
My 2011 has a TR6060, McLeod RXT, rebuilt rear end, is a Premium, decent shape for 127k miles. I would plan on dailying the fox body, I’ve never owned an automatic or a powerglide so. Please give me advice and criticism. Last photos contains the list of my mods and picture of mine.

Attachments

• 44FCF207-97C2-41D1-801B-261CA299EA7C.jpeg
    44FCF207-97C2-41D1-801B-261CA299EA7C.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 116
  • 3F91EC9B-D0F4-4528-82D8-F5233E4DD0A5.jpeg
    3F91EC9B-D0F4-4528-82D8-F5233E4DD0A5.jpeg
    406.7 KB · Views: 101
  • BF425D39-ED8E-40C2-99F5-CF3BA3F40E31.jpeg
    BF425D39-ED8E-40C2-99F5-CF3BA3F40E31.jpeg
    182.6 KB · Views: 98
  • 39E52A98-2906-464A-A685-D1F8A77D6B02.jpeg
    39E52A98-2906-464A-A685-D1F8A77D6B02.jpeg
    254.1 KB · Views: 113
  • 5C8ECB64-1B80-4D5D-AE23-9D57605EF916.jpeg
    5C8ECB64-1B80-4D5D-AE23-9D57605EF916.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 119
  • FC05054D-B776-40C9-AA62-0E711BD933D4.jpeg
    FC05054D-B776-40C9-AA62-0E711BD933D4.jpeg
    223.7 KB · Views: 119
  • AC5A3560-7708-4781-8CE4-AACB95E08D8C.jpeg
    AC5A3560-7708-4781-8CE4-AACB95E08D8C.jpeg
    654 KB · Views: 123
  • 6D89C01E-A816-42F1-9702-A52FB01F6CBE.jpeg
    6D89C01E-A816-42F1-9702-A52FB01F6CBE.jpeg
    551.4 KB · Views: 122
  • FC3EDAE3-3E5F-4198-9F0B-6F21B587752F.png
    FC3EDAE3-3E5F-4198-9F0B-6F21B587752F.png
    314.5 KB · Views: 161
  • F780EAE7-886E-4899-AC09-0C1F037F8333.jpeg
    F780EAE7-886E-4899-AC09-0C1F037F8333.jpeg
    684 KB · Views: 120
  • Sponsors (?)

Not sure I'd daily what seems to be something set up for the drag strip,would get old real fast(down the block).
Yeah, I’ve had a few people say that on FB. I get that its definitely leaning towards a drag car, but considering the paint’s nice, its a choppy all motor, and is really clean, it seems like a good c&c/strip car. The guy says it has a trans cooler and he drives it to and from work 25mi every day.
If you don’t mind me asking, what makes you lean towards it getting old? The fact it’s a powerglide, or how it’s setup?

Yeah, I’ve had a few people say that on FB. I get that its definitely leaning towards a drag car, but considering the paint’s nice, its a choppy all motor, and is really clean, it seems like a good c&c/strip car. The guy says it has a trans cooler and he drives it to and from work 25mi every day.
If you don’t mind me asking, what makes you lean towards it getting old? The fact it’s a powerglide, or how it’s setup?
Also appreciate the quick response, happy new years man.

You know austin better be a mechanic because you are going to have to know that car. The guy who owns it now knows his stuff for sure and can fix the small problems. Great car, just the top end makes it sweet. Why would a guy get rid of that unless he had to fix gremlins constantly

I'd never drive a custom color car a bunch on the street ever again. It's a PITA to paint match.

3800 stall is a little high for a street car. Might not be too bad if you don't have a bunch of traffic lights and stop signs.

It's a nice looking car....but when I see carbureted instead of EFI it takes the value down a few notches for me. The way technology is now there is really no real reason to go carb. Even the track guys are using some form of EFI.

The nitrous would make that car a no go for me. That means it's been driven hard and put away wet. You don't know what condition the engine is truly in unless you tear it down.

To be comfortable I'd have to put a different camshaft in it, change torque converter, and make sure the heat and AC works. Power steering is ok but manual steering isn't that bad when done right.

Your talking about 3 to 4k to get it comfortable to daily....without digging into the engine.

That fox might get between 8 and 12k...depending on how nice it actually is in person. These cars are being collected now and cruised around. Most people looking for a fox are now in our late thirties and up. We want AC, heat, and assisted steering. With those things and fuel injection that car would be worth more.

I would not trade a 13 GT for it....unless the 13 GT had frame damage or has been through major body repair and has a rebuilt title.

Reactions: 1 user
It has a PG. It HAS to have a high(er) stall converter, or it’ll be a pig out of the hole. ( PG’s have a 1.76:1 first gear)

That car is typical of a car that has been modded to the point of being now obnoxious to drive regularly. A PG on the street is just wrong in so many ways. It’s the fast way to get down the 1/4 mile, they can be built to withstand a ton of power, and they are easy to rebuild because of their simplicity,....But it’s one gear when most here are living with 5 or 6.
Auto’s are already a soleless transmission to live with when there are 4-5-6 gears,....1 gear will be hell.
Id imagine that dude is trading you because he’s regretting 3000 rpm that flares to 3500 on the interstate at 55 miles an hour..I know I would.
When I was 20, nobody my age had AC on their street cars, but we all had a heater. It’ll suck not having it, but you won’t die. I’m sure that a SC winter will still make you wish that you had at least that.
If the car is Tangerine Orange, it isn’t a custom color..it’s a factory color, just from an earlier year. I would n’t let the color stop me from driving the car,..better that it has paint to protect the metal ( and your pride)regardless of the color. If you were trading it with the intention to keep it as it is, and drive it on a limited basis, your mustang is worth about 8-10k. A nice fox is worth that...and this car has probably double that invested in it. But If you need a car you can get in and go wherever on the other hand,.....You may as well go where there is a mirror so you can see who your talking to, and dog cuss yourself for doing what you did the day you decided to trade.

• Loved It!
Reactions: 1 users
I kinda agree with the others. In terms of a DD, that car would get old fast. I’d love to buy it as a weekend car in addition to the 11GT.

my feeling is the owner is getting sick of commuting in it and wants something modern, with AC, and better for traffic, hence wanting to trade a newer 5.0 for it.

I’d say $8-13k for value. All depends on what is under that shiny new paint. Rust? Body damage? How many miles in body? Unknown?

I’m sure that car can be DD just fine. Just not sure i would want to every single day. Have you actually driven it?

Those low production factory colors are hell to paint match....but can be done.

That is a nice fox....but the 13 is better to drive to and from work. If you had 5k to spend you could swap a TKO or the new Tremec in it without issue. It would be a really nice weekend car. If you could get it and a beater to drive to work you'd save money to make the changes. A corolla gets about twice as much gas mileage as a coyote with a manual. Insurance would be cheaper for the fox....

...you could make it work and be feasible but its all about how bad you want it and what you're willing to do.

That's someone's project. If you traded it would become your project. The more you change on a fox the further it gets from reliability.

Insurance is also something to think about with this car. Look up kbb/nada on the car. That’s what the insurance company will try to pay you if it gets stolen or totaled. You’ll have to fight the case to get true market value.

there is agreed value insurance, but your premium will be higher.

collector insurance will have limitations as to how you drive the car. Can’t be used as a DD

• Useful
Insurance is also something to think about with this car. Look up kbb/nada on the car. That’s what the insurance company will try to pay you if it gets stolen or totaled. You’ll have to fight the case to get true market value.

there is agreed value insurance, but your premium will be higher.

collector insurance will have limitations as to how you drive the car. Can’t be used as a DD
Insurance is already pretty bad with me, so it’s not too bad of a factor for me. If I really need to do collector insurance, I can use my girlfriend’s 91 as the daily.

Those low production factory colors are hell to paint match....but can be done.

That is a nice fox....but the 13 is better to drive to and from work. If you had 5k to spend you could swap a TKO or the new Tremec in it without issue. It would be a really nice weekend car. If you could get it and a beater to drive to work you'd save money to make the changes. A corolla gets about twice as much gas mileage as a coyote with a manual. Insurance would be cheaper for the fox....

...you could make it work and be feasible but its all about how bad you want it and what you're willing to do.

That's someone's project. If you traded it would become your project. The more you change on a fox the further it gets from reliability.
Definitely seems like a really fun weekend and show car, but like you said, my concern is when it comes to reliability. He’s said he dailies it to work 25mi, and that it has a trans cooler, but then again it’s a 2-speed and carbed so it seems like it wouldn’t be the best daily. I just think it’s pretty hard to find an equal-value fox body that’s worth trading for. I found one, but he’s too far even though it was a stunning four eye.

I kinda agree with the others. In terms of a DD, that car would get old fast. I’d love to buy it as a weekend car in addition to the 11GT.

my feeling is the owner is getting sick of commuting in it and wants something modern, with AC, and better for traffic, hence wanting to trade a newer 5.0 for it.

I’d say $8-13k for value. All depends on what is under that shiny new paint. Rust? Body damage? How many miles in body? Unknown?

I’m sure that car can be DD just fine. Just not sure i would want to every single day. Have you actually driven it?
I haven’t driven it. I was planning to either tomorrow or the 3rd when I have off work and can meet him, and then I’ll consider it as well as all the comments so far.

Thanks everyone for your quick responses and taking time out to give me some advice. I’ll definitely take it into consideration when I check out the car, and possibly let you guys know how it goes. I may be stubborn but I’d rather not make poor life decisions. Obviously the 93 is less street-oriented and more for the strip, which is also where my concern is at, but taking a test drive with it to get a feel of it and see how streetable it is will give me a better understanding first-hand when I start to look at other fox bodies.

I would look into trading the GT for a coyote swapped fox. I drive my fox daily in nice weather stock f150 coyote and get great gas mileage its fast as hell and reliable.

• PlusOne
Oh, yeah, that first drive will be like 'wow I could so do this, cool.
After owning and daily driving it a few months 'wow why did I do this, not cool'
This is a mild drag car. I bet you will not own it six months, wait you're 20 yrs old, I'll give it a year and it will be a garage queen.
I'm not being mean, just real. And you are sooo going to trade for that car. :jester: