Hemi vs sn95

I have a buddy that wants to get some runs in . His is all stock with x pipe he owns the magnum r/t. My 98 mustang gt has the 01 pi engine swap, x pipe, 410s, 75mm throttle powerflow plenum, tune, short throw shifter rest is suspension work. I have hi tech cams & bbk longtubes uninstalled but I want to see if he’ll beat me bad like he says. Who takes the win.?

• Sponsors (?)

Magnum is ~800 lbs heavier and makes ~340hp at the flywheel.

Should be a close race with a near full Bolton mustang assuming driver skill and traction are similar.

Full boltons and hi tech (assuming their stage 2 cams) would definitely put you ahead. You should compare now and compare post mods.

He has more power for sure, but with that power he also has the weight. I say it might be close but I think you should take him. I assume he is auto?
I definitely agree with that. I told him he’s making decent power for stock but the weight difference is what throws him off But he’s confident he’ll win anyway. I informed him I believe it will just be a close race.

Magnum is ~800 lbs heavier and makes ~340hp at the flywheel.

Should be a close race with a near full Bolton mustang assuming driver skill and traction are similar.

Full boltons and hi tech (assuming their stage 2 cams) would definitely put you ahead. You should compare now and compare post mods.
Idk about him but I definitely know how to get going I know I don’t have the fastest car but I’ll definitely keep ur advice an compare.

He has more power for sure, but with that power he also has the weight. I say it might be close but I think you should take him. I assume he is auto?
I definitely agree with that. I told him he’s making decent power for stock but the weight difference is what throws him off But he’s confident he’ll win anyway. I informed him I believe it will just be a close race.
But yes all chargers are auto. We’re probably going to do a dig race , 30 roll, 60roll just friendly fun

My little cammer 4.6 could smoke my brothers super bee chalanger.

his car just weighed way way, more!

he was so pissed my Mustang rat rod did what it did.
He sold the challenger...

just depends on getting the build right.
The tune right. knowing your cams perfect shift points. And not missing a shift!
as much weight reduction as you feel safe doing.then a tad more. so start taking all the crap I know you have in your car....out!
F that spare tire!
Things that drop weight make the car faster.
he for sure had a larger motor, with both more hp/trq...still I could beat him
Consistently in the 1/4 mile.
He tuliped a Valve not long after, fixed it and sold it...I think he is still mad...

Just things I have done to beat up on the big boys....

boss block build is next!

Lol. Yeah I’m just making it to his state. He’s making excuses not to run. Took me on a test drive in his my god that thing is slow. I left mine stock besides pi engine swap an gears. Honestly I think I’ll get him by half a car. He did a 0-100 it took him to long compared to my mustang. He thought it was fast lol. Supposedly he wants to race tonight.

Well fellas ended up winning the race. Just 01pi block 5 speed, 373s , 75mm throttle body an plenum, x pipe. Idk how but from a dig I pulled away, 30 roll pulled away half a car. I could only imagine what cams an tune an longtubes with 4.10s would do take it easy fellas an thank you for the responses ✊
DDCF2DA7-6CDF-4933-BD81-B0F013F43A42.jpeg

Last edited: