here she comes

• Sponsors (?)

i'm suprised more people aren't freaking out up by me, i'm in brevard county and hardly anybody has shutters up and the stores aren't over crowded at all.....last year people were freaking out. good luck to you down there though :)

1Bad89Coupe said:
i'm suprised more people aren't freaking out up by me, i'm in brevard county and hardly anybody has shutters up and the stores aren't over crowded at all.....last year people were freaking out. good luck to you down there though :)

its going a little bit further south so far, unless it wobbles, but the cold front is pushing it further south

Looks like im gonna be staying in Jupiter now. Classes were canceled at USF but I still have to do some online quizes before monday. I left all my books in Tampa so thank god for classmates with AIM willing to lend a helping hand :thumbsup . At least my car will be safe in a garage now, instead of in the middle of a parking lot.

BlueOvalStangGT said:
Looks like im gonna be staying in Jupiter now. Classes were canceled at USF but I still have to do some online quizes before monday. I left all my books in Tampa so thank god for classmates with AIM willing to lend a helping hand :thumbsup . At least my car will be safe in a garage now, instead of in the middle of a parking lot.

when are you going back. you up for moroso on wed?

BlueOvalStangGT said:
I wish my car would be in the condition to go to Moroso but its not and I have to be back in Tampa by Tuesday.

:cheers: i hear ya. my cars not running perfect but its running enough to be my dd and drive 65 miles to moroso and get 19 passes and drive all the way back. midnight madness, only one person hit the wall :nonono: . just sucks watching the gas gauge . cant wait till next week when i get rid of all the gremlins, well hopefully.:nice:

Until last night...I was DEAD SET on NOT putting up shutters. We had a HUGE church event today until 1PM.. I play keyboards in the band and I couldnt miss. I decided afterwards to put the shutters up. I left the couple big windows off on the opposite side of the house (to the wind direction). Other than that...I just finished now...I knew there would be a post here.

IM in S. Broward, so I will get at least minimum hurricane winds.

I chose to put the shutters up b/c Im concerned more about spawned tornadoes moreso than the hurricane itself.

Im ready...I may lose electric and be off a couple of days, but we'll be fine.

GOOD LUCK!!!

RC

legalize420gt95 said:
danny, you still down there. lots of water tonight. good luck.
I'm still down here the stangs at my neigbors(sp?) house who lives on a hill so the stang "should" be flood free. He had the fries yard after Katrina so I'm pretty much covered, shutters up, stang up hill, plenty of water, bullets for the looters (probably won't need them) I'm good lol.

the ternaders :D ( blue collar comedy) are supposed to be even worse than normal because of the three different weather patterns meeting. i think nornally there around 60mph F-0, we can get the ones up to 150 mph now, not sure which number on the scale that is but:jaw:

Well guys...I survived, but in 35+ years Ive been in S. Fl, it's the worst storm that I have actually been in and experienced (even though worse ones passed around me)

UPdate.

Starting about 5am, the heavy stuff started coming though and peaked around 7-7:30 AM.
(that was the first part) We had 80mph sustained and over 100mph gusts. About 9am, the direction changed..we thought is was winding down, but it became much worse...we heard some thumping on the roof and we could see our pool turning black right before our eyes...at that time we lost our power until about 7PM est.

Here's what we found when it was over:

Several tiles off of roof.
At least 3 full black bags full of leaves in the pool.
Both my 15+foot oak trees down.
All 3 of my ball topiary plants down.
Small palm down
One of my landscape beds destroyed.
Hibiscus tree down.

This was most of my personal property damage. I live along a berm, and there was not ONE full tree standing (gotta get some pics tomorrow).

All the ficus tree limbs snapped (and they usually uproot, not break)

I was able to take the Navigator, and prop up the 2 oak trees. After hacking one of the other trees down, as I was stepping on the root area I ROLLED MY ANKLE :bang: and it is now swollen like a tennis ball.

I know it sounds like Im complaining, but my car and home are fine (except for the tiles) and I have my power back.

I know there are others that want to reply on here but probably just have no power back yet.

Hope all is well.
RC

Wow! This has to be the worst I've ever seen. Delray Beach and Boynton Beach look like a bomb went off. I got called in to work 12 hr shifts for 2-3 weeks. Using power from work as the entire city is blacked out. There is also a curfew in Palm Beach County

Ok..here's a quick pic from the camera...The storm was still going strong when I snapped this.

The broken trees in the back were once full 30' high ficas trees that lined a berm that separates my community from the roadway. It's amazing how those ficas' broke apart and did not rip out.. Ripping out and lifting the ground is more associated with constant pounding...The snapping usuall means really high quick bursts of wind.

If you look on the patio ground, about the 2:00 position relative to the pillar, you will see a piece of broken tile from the roof top.

The white fence in the upper left corner is missing the top rail.

Also notice how fithy the pool is :bang:

RC
attachment.php

Attachments

• Wilma 1.jpg
    Wilma 1.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 93
Glad you made it thru safely....Was wondering how you guys were making out down there...
Tonites our turn....high winds and lots of rain...I got some BIG ASS maple tree's I'm sweating, they hang right over the house too...:Damnit:

I have reservation's for Cancun this coming Saturday..W.T.F....That one's down the chitter...cancelled the airline tickets tonite...Freakin hurricanes !!!!

Naples got hammered listening to the Weather Channel...wondering how Joe made out???

RIO5.0 said:
,......wondering how Joe made out???

I tried callling him on the cell...It goes right to the voice mail.

Im in the lucky of only about 5% of people in Broward county to have electric.

I just made a run to home depot for some supports for the trees. There are 1000's of trees down everywhere.. No STRUCTURAL home damage (new code area), but lots of fences down, shredded up patio screen enclosers and plenty of tiles missing from the roofs.

RC

I work at a municipal light and power in Mass... Every employee on the meter, engineering, or line crew up here is on call 24/7 for the next couple days and if they don't own a 4 wheel drive vehicle then employees can take company trucks home so that they can make it back with good response time if they get called.

Right now the rain is sheeting and the wind is at a constant 20ish mph with gusts strong enough to move my F150 XLT 4x4 around on the roads.

This is what happens when you piss a woman off.

adam

Yeah, we survived Wilma as well. No real damage. Im surprised, we had tornado warnings and watches out almost the enitre time. 45 mph winds and 65 mph gusts. Non stop all day, nothing but alot of leaves and twigs everywhere. The stang survived. I parked along the front windows away from any trees, and my son parked next to me. He thought he was saving his car from being hit by a tree by not parking in the driveway, but really he was blocking debris from hitting my car!!! (Hes got a 06 Scion!) Anyway, now the raking begins....maybe I will just make the kids do it!