Heres my turbo plan. But i need some help plz!

Alright well this winter when I store my car I plan on putting a 347 rotating assembly in it and also building my own twin turbo kit for it. I know what I need but I dont know what turbos to go with. Thats where I need help. I dont know how to read compressor maps so I can get the best turbo for the displacement. Can anyone explain this in simple terms.

And also, I dont really know much about the turbo housing sizes and all the compressor sizes and everything. AR this and that. I have no clue what im looking at. Can someone please explain pleaseee! lol. Thanks

-Justin

• Sponsors (?)

Helion makes a twin turbo kit that's really expensive. Most companies do a single turbo setup. Single turbo is cheaper and more efficient. The size of the turbochargers is all dependent on how much your H/C/I setup will flow.

Kurt

I hope your going to get a beefier block too. Unless you want 2 four cylinders in your engine bay. :nono: When I was researching turbos most DIY single kits used a Masterpower T70, but I have no idea about twin.

Yea Im going to get a beefier block in the future, but for right now im going to use the block I have for the mock up. And it will be set at low boost until I get a dart block or the newer boss 302 block.

And this is where the confusion comes in. I dont know the equations for this or what info to use in the equations to figure that out.

I have honestly forgotten all the equations and all my turbine dynamics books are stuffed in a box in the attic. The best thing to do is to get professional opinions. I know the Pro Turbo single kits are about $4500 now, and that is quality stuff. I think the Helion twin turbo starts around $7000.

Kurt

When I was looking in to building up a TT setup I grabbed two T3 turbos out of manual 2.3L Turbo Coupe Thunderbirds from the early to mid 80's. They had AR's of 0.48.

If the T-bird is newer than '86 (iirc) don't bother because the turbo's are junk.