hey new to the site

projectstallion

Mar 8, 2004
hey im new to the site i have a 66 coupe with a 289/4spd..i want to give it a little more muscle so im thinking about putting on an edelbrock performer rpm manifold and holley 600 almong with a set of 1.6 roller rockers and long tubes..money is a little tight now or a would add a cam also..just wanted to introduce myself and if anyone has any other suggestions for a little more power let me know! thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

I slapped an edlebrock manifold on my car the other day, waiting for this 650 carb to come in though. I also have some tri-y long tubes to some flows that are dumped before the rear axle. Gave me a little power, nothing extreme but it sounded a lot better!

Just waiting till my 306 is complete. What you listed though should wake up your 289!

not sure about the guide plates jsut picked up the car about a month ago so i haven't had long to take a look at everything or really take anything apart..the cam is stock as far as i know i dont have the funds for a new one yet but hopefully selling some stuff from my lightning will give me enough money for the edelbrock performer cam i was looking at

For the price of the rocker arms, you can get a decent cam and lifter kit. Then the timing chain is cheap. As for the intake, look into the Professional Products stuff as it is cheaper than Edelbrock and will save you a few pennies.

For the price of the rocker arms, you can get a decent cam and lifter kit. Then the timing chain is cheap. As for the intake, look into the Professional Products stuff as it is cheaper than Edelbrock and will save you a few pennies.

PP stuff is China made and not the good kind. The quality control on that stuff is terrible. Stay the hell away from it.

Most likely you have press-in rocker shafts.

I would save the money on the rockers, not enough bang for your limited buck.

Spend what you would have spent on the rockers for a bigger cam, but don't go too far with that without reworking the heads.

Save money up for some decent heads, heads are the worst thing about a SBF. You can find pretty good deals on a set of mild aluminum heads (GT40?) or some reworked iron heads (351W?) from guys who are upgrading their stuff.

Welcome to the site!

I agree with Rusty67 on the professional products stuff. Aside from the decent price, every other adjective uttered about their product has been poor.

You should be able to find a decent cam on ebay for ~$100. You may also find a deal or two on an intake/carb combo.

How are the rest of the modifications? Specifically, safety related. Brakes, seatbelts, suspension etc. Going fast is fun, but think safety first.