Hi, I Own A '66 And Want To Talk About It!

bigbevo

Jan 28, 2017
I've ventured away from the normal football related forums to find myself here. I have a 66 Mustang my great uncle bought new. With just over 100k, its a true survivor. It has the straight six and no real extras except factory air. I've had it for about 10 years and I'm at the point where I've started to tinker with it.

It's sit for about a year so my efforts are around getting her up and running at this point.

Looks like a great community, look forward to contributing.

ADWwgLk.jpg
[/IMG]
Vb2XiUm.jpg

yvynaJy.jpg

31l9Vgc.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Very nice mustang!

Welcome to stangnet brother.

I'll move you to our Classic subforum. There's lots of experienced gearheads there to help you out with your mustang.

Jeez those pictures remind me of being a kid, my father bought mustangs from late '64 on. I always have been around them.

Good to have you with us.

Welcome. We like pics of your progress so post when you can. Also just a word of advice because I am retired military I noticed the Dog tags right off. I also had my tags hanging in my car till I was reminded that my social security number was plainly stamped on them and could be read from outside the car. Maybe yours doesn't have it stamped on the tag? tags in my era had full name, social and blood type, enough for identity theft.

Just curious, what part of Texas?

Thanks for the welcome fellas. I'm in Austin. Good tip on the dog tags tos. They're actually my late great uncle's (original owner of this mustang). I hang them there as a constant reminder of him.

Here are some more pics:

TQYDLYN.jpg

UXERxxr.jpg

I thought this was a cool pic of the underside of the hood, could that date relate to the manufactured date?

Fg3Eo4u.jpg

RLkbYoi.jpg

0eFz3AA.jpg

I don't believe that is a build date. You can check it by comparing it to the date code on the tag attached to your driver side door. In the center of the bottom row, you will find the build date. It will be a number followed by a letter. In my case, it reads 31 A which indicates that my car was built on the 31st day of January (the months are designated by the letter A,B,C,etc.).

20150202_131059.jpg

Last edited: