High Idle after Plenum/TB install

Blev

Aug 17, 2003
So. Cal. V-Town
I installed the Accufab Plenum/TB combo the begining of October and noticed that my idle is higher. It use to be around 700 RPM's in Park and now it's around 900 - 950. Anyone know why? Is this bad? How can I fix it?

HaywoodJablowme said:
Maybe your throttle cable has a bit of tension on it now? Can you grab that cable and manually attempt to close the TB and see if the idle comes down?

Hmmm....

I know it was just right with the old set up because I did the throttle cable mod. Maybe with the new set up it's a bit tighter. I'll check that, thanks.

Honestly mine did that and I thought the tps was bad but I just gave it time and the computer finally "learned" the new information. Also mine used to get caught up about 1500 after coming to a stop and then it would settle down after a few seconds, but it now performs like stock with idle. I will say it did take it a couple of months to get back to "normal".

A COUPLE MONTHS

Holy crap....

Blev said:
Holy crap....

When mine was doing it I heard mixed things....get a new tps, reset computer, etc....but I knew the car felt strong on accelerating and so I just kept driving it until one day I noticed that the idle problem was no longer. Like I said, it took some time. I had checked my tps though and it was between the norm of .98 and 1.0 though...I would check that first off just to make sure and rule that out.

03 Pony said:
I had no problems, but I did unplug the batter. When reconnected it would reset the computer.

Try to disconnect the battery and wait then hock it back up.
Already done, I do that with every mod I do. I had even unplugged it a second time for sh ! ts and giggles.