High Pressure Power Steering Hose: Might Wire Ties Hold It Secure

from6to8

There's suction so I used that end O_O
15 Year Member
Sep 2, 2012
The hose I got maybe about 6 wks ago is slightly different than the one that came off the car. Maybe mine is still the v6 hose. It appears it will have no problem routing and mating up fine but just doing a test fit the metal bracket might not be in the same place as the previous one. I will know for sure when I attach the hose to the rack but wanted to get some opinions upfront. I actually have some nice thick wire ties as well as regular standard ones and wondering if there is no place to probably drill a hole for the bolt of the new hose if in fact it doesnt mate up to the same location, might wire ties suffice as keeping the hose steady?

• Sponsors (?)

Pics are worth a thousand words in a situation like this
true but maybe you misunderstood the concept of what I'm saying. You know how the clutch cable has a metal bracket that secures it to the side of the engine bay, well the power steering hose has a bracket that does the same thing. I have the hose on now and came in to take a break. It appears that maybe when i turn the bracket the other way it might reach up to the bolt hole. I will do that when i go back outside. But yeah basically i was asking if the wire ties would suffice and be enough to keep it secure and from moving I guess. I mean wire ties are strong as heck and should work fine just asking opinions though. Not sure if the hose moves or wants to move under pressure but i definitely would secure it somehow no doubt.

Yeah I had the bracket on the wrong side. Just flipped it and good to go

Now I have another question in regards to the power steering pump pulley and how far it goes back on the shaft. I did measure it and it should be good to go but just double and triple checking everything in regards to putting things back together cause anything could have been off from the previous owner of that other car or from work i had done years and yrs ago. Not likely it was incorrect but man i'm not leaving any stones unturned lol