High-quality fog light retrofit?

RowdyRed94

Founding Member
Mar 9, 2000
St. Cloud, MN
Hey, y'all. It's been a while, but this place is still the ultimate 'Stang info source, so here I am. I want to upgrade from the crapola stock fogs to something good - Hella, PIAA, whatever. I've read through all the threads I could find (it's hilarious how many people post the same damn question without searching first), but they only list cheapos and they're all from 2004, so the prices are $20 more now.

So, has anyone mounted something nice, ya know, down there?

Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

are we talking a gt bumper or cobra bumper? if you have a cobra front, i read a write-up a couple months ago on retrofitting some fog lights off a GMC Envoy--they fit the holes nicely, give off more light, and are the same bulb size so yo uwon't have to change wiring or bulbs.

With my foglights ,they were blowing silverstar bulbs left and right. Since that gets pretty expensive I replaced them both with some OEM bulbs and they are actually brighter. But I would definately like them brighter.

The Green GT said:
With my foglights ,they were blowing silverstar bulbs left and right. Since that gets pretty expensive I replaced them both with some OEM bulbs and they are actually brighter. But I would definately like them brighter.

so you'd say that the OEM bulbs are brighter than the silverstar bulbs?

Punisher302 said:
so you'd say that the OEM bulbs are brighter than the silverstar bulbs?
Well I could never even see the silver stars when they were on, but when I start my car now and its dark its almost like I have my headlights on if Im right infront of a car or something. And when Im driving, if I turn them off I can see the light they were putting out go away, where as with the silverstars I could never do that. So yes, I guess I am saying they are brighter.

hang on, you're right, Green GT (what's your real name? i feel like i know everyone else here, you too)

i popped a silverstar and put the OEM's back in the fogs and i did notice when the light wasn't there when i'd turn them off. i'm wondering if i should go back to OEM w/ my projectors until i get the new headlights/hid's.

bot: a guy i know of got some "ultra clear" fogs and they , too, seem much brighter than the stockers--may wanna look into them.

17yrOldStanger said:
i think blueovalindustries.com has a good selection of fogs. i havent shopped there for over a year since the 95 is gone, but i remember seeing stuff.
My recollection is the same. I wanted some of the clear ones till I saw the price. They had clear, smoked, etc as I recall.

I need to see if we can just get new lenses (like one can for the Hellas on aero foxes).

I bought clear fog lights from Mustangs Unlimited for like $20 each. No bracket is included, just the light housing and I think also new bulbs.

These fog lights are much brighter than stock and you can definitely see them when you turn them on. I had to get something to replace the stock fogs, because I upgraded to smoked clear cobra headlights and corners which made the stock fogs look really bad and old. Now the new fog lights match well with the upgraded headlight stuff.

Punisher302 said:
hang on, you're right, Green GT (what's your real name? i feel like i know everyone else here, you too)

i popped a silverstar and put the OEM's back in the fogs and i did notice when the light wasn't there when i'd turn them off. i'm wondering if i should go back to OEM w/ my projectors until i get the new headlights/hid's.

bot: a guy i know of got some "ultra clear" fogs and they , too, seem much brighter than the stockers--may wanna look into them.
I put the OEM's when I put my projectors in. And the names Eric :nice:

Car Nut said:
I bought clear fog lights from Mustangs Unlimited for like $20 each. No bracket is included, just the light housing and I think also new bulbs.

These fog lights are much brighter than stock and you can definitely see them when you turn them on. I had to get something to replace the stock fogs, because I upgraded to smoked clear cobra headlights and corners which made the stock fogs look really bad and old. Now the new fog lights match well with the upgraded headlight stuff.

Got a pic? I've got the smoked cobra's and wasn't sure the clear fogs would look any better than my stock ones. :shrug: