Hit a dip now I hear hissing when I accelerate

So I just bought a 2017 ford mustang Ecoboost, 40k miles, I had a multipoint inspection before I bought it and it was in great condition. Unfortanettly today I didnt see a dip in the road and I hit it pretty hard and now I hear hissing when I accelerate (was not hissing before that dip) I am taking this into the dealership in a couple days but does anyone have an Idea of why this is happening

• Sponsors (?)

So I just bought a 2017 ford mustang Ecoboost, 40k miles, I had a multipoint inspection before I bought it and it was in great condition. Unfortanettly today I didnt see a dip in the road and I hit it pretty hard and now I hear hissing when I accelerate (was not hissing before that dip) I am taking this into the dealership in a couple days but does anyone have an Idea of why this is happening
You more than likely either knocked one of the hoses/tubes off the intercooler or damaged the intercooler itself.

Reactions: 1 user
Try running premium (91+ octane) and the hissing could be a simple vac line (or even a tire losing air). Start at the easy stuff first, don't let the worry and fear get you.

Reactions: 1 user
Try running premium (91+ octane) and the hissing could be a simple vac line (or even a tire losing air). Start at the easy stuff first, don't let the worry and fear get you.
Premium fuel isn't going to get rid of a hiss that started after he hit a bump.

90% of the turbocharged cars I work on that have a "hiss" that started after hitting a bump have either a damaged intercooler, or the plumbing to it came loose. 91 octane isn't going to fix that or anything else that's hissing.

Being a Ford, it's going to be real stubborn about throwing an underboost code and turning on the check engine light even if that's the case.

It could certainly be other things, punctured tire? Sure, but the TPMS light would've come on. A vacuum line? Not likely, and that would stand a real good chance of turning on the check engine light. Hissing from a cracked radiator? Maybe, but OP said it happens when he accelerates, and he'd have seen the steam and smelled the coolant.

Do you think I could drive it to the dealership its about 10 miles away; there was no check engine light nor did I see it overheating? Ill let you guys know what the service center says about it
Just watch your gauges. If it gets hot or you get a flashing check engine light, pull over and call a tow truck.

Premium fuel isn't going to get rid of a hiss that started after he hit a bump.

90% of the turbocharged cars I work on that have a "hiss" that started after hitting a bump have either a damaged intercooler, or the plumbing to it came loose. 91 octane isn't going to fix that or anything else that's hissing.

Being a Ford, it's going to be real stubborn about throwing an underboost code and turning on the check engine light even if that's the case.

It could certainly be other things, punctured tire? Sure, but the TPMS light would've come on. A vacuum line? Not likely, and that would stand a real good chance of turning on the check engine light. Hissing from a cracked radiator? Maybe, but OP said it happens when he accelerates, and he'd have seen the steam and smelled the coolant.

Of course not but it's good to check all things. I've been dead set that a problem is huge before many times and it ends up being something totally small and unexpected. Think outside the box, be positive. Actually, premium octane can stop light knocking and detonation sounds so he should try it just to eliminate it all small things he can.

Last edited: