Hmm a 5.0. Mercury Cougar in the future.

skunk21

May 22, 2007
Taxachusetts
Did I get you thinking :D. It's only a concept by a designer but I think it's good looking. Might be something mercury needs for the brand.

kevinscougarconceptWHITEstripes.jpg

Cougar_Concept_Rear_White.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

That does look hot

Personally, i've been wanting Ford to come out with a new Lincoln Mark 9 sedan/coupe type of vehicle. It would be nice if they had something to compete with the 3-series, or G37. Right now, every lincoln is just a dull sedan.

A 2-door chassis, a 5.0 V8 and 6-spd, HID, NAV, sunroof, all the luxury items. Give it a 4-door version, with available AWD. I would trade my Japanese car in for one in a second!

yeah it does look like it has some challenger in it. It's just some concept by some designer but I still like the basis of the basis of the concept itself. It would be cool to have Ford bring it back and offer the XR7 and Eliminator packages. Ford could easily have a winner and it would be good for Mercury. I just wanted to spark up some fun convo more than anything.

I think if you see a high end sports touring car with the 5.0 it'll be a Lincoln, not a Mercury. I could see another version of the LS or something along those lines coming out. Also if the 5.0 makes its mark in reliability, i can see it going into some kind of 4 door RWD car and being the next "Crown Vic" and it being used for police cars.

I love the eliminator but it doesn't really fit that body style. It does look similar to a challenger. But the idea of base/xr7/eliminator (like v6/GT/Cobra) is definitly cool

That is not in the short or long term plans for ford as i've heard. They are concentrating on their core brands - that being Ford, Lincoln and Mercury.

Back when GM and Chrysler were looking at the government bailout, the new CEO at Ford was talking about axe-ing Mercury, or at least slowly letting it fade out. Its been a while though, so I'm sure things have changed since then.

That does look hot

Personally, i've been wanting Ford to come out with a new Lincoln Mark 9 sedan/coupe type of vehicle. It would be nice if they had something to compete with the 3-series, or G37. Right now, every lincoln is just a dull sedan.

A 2-door chassis, a 5.0 V8 and 6-spd, HID, NAV, sunroof, all the luxury items. Give it a 4-door version, with available AWD. I would trade my Japanese car in for one in a second!

I agree, now is a perfect time for a new Mark. I'd like to see the Continental name brought back as a large, powerful rear drive sedan with the Mark based off of it.