Holley carb - need gaskets (or anything else) when changing jets/checking floats?

SadbutTrue

Founding Member
May 1, 2002
Granada Hills, California
One of the online step-by-steps for changing the jets on my Holley mentioned that you will need some new gaskets when taking the carb apart. I was under the impression newer Holleys (my Street Avenger is less than a year old) were gasket-less, at least as far as changing jets and checking the floats etc are concerned.

When I dig into it to change my jets and check the floats etc later this week, will I need new gaskets of any kind (or anything else)? If so, where do I get them... will local stores have them or is this a summit/PAW type of part?

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

You might want to have a set of bowl gaskets and the washers that go under the bolts. The newer gaskets are supposed to be reusable and you may not need them. Sucks to start a job have to run for parts. The worse case you have them in your tool box for another day. Use a bit of vaseline on the bolt threads to keep them in nice shape. Make sure your screw driver fits nice on the jets so you don't bugger them up. You should get those at any speed shop for under 10 bucks.