Holley or Edelbrock carb?

mattk

Oct 26, 2006
Marion, Iowa
I'm building a 302, B303 cam, GT40 heads, shorties, Performer intake. What do you guys like better, Holley or Edelbrock? I've had alot of Holleys and it seems like they need alot of maintenance and continous tuning. I've never been around an Edelbrcok, the main thing I don't like about the appearance is the fuel inlet is on the passenger side rear and the PCV is in the front, both opposite of where they need to be. I'm not going to the track with this car, I want to be able to drive it comfortably around town and have fun on the open road. Any advice appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt

• Sponsors (?)

I've had both and I like the Edelbrock's much better. In fact, I use two of them on my motor as we speak. As for performance, you can tune either one of them to get performance. I'm running mid 12's with mine and if I had Holley's instead, I'd probably be running mid 12's with them too.

What I like about the Edelbrocks is that they are easy to tune. You don't have to have leaky gas when tuning, as the entire top of the carburetor comes off (keeping the gas in the bowls) for easy jet changes. For metering rod and spring changes, there's a cover on each side (on the top) that you can loosen and slide in order to get those parts out. The accelerator pump is adjustable from the outside as well. The carbs even come with a 20+ page book on how to tune them. I suggest getting a tuning kit as well. They're well worth the $50.00 investment.

Whatever you decide, good luck!

My dad has had great luck with his edlebrock. All he did was tune it ONE time and has never needed to touch it again after having it on his Mach 1 for about 10 years so far. My dad's buddy bought a Holley for his chevelle and is he has to tweak it every so often he making the switch to an edlebrock carb soon.