Holley Terminator X vs Megasquirt pnp2

• Sponsors (?)

not apples to apples... imo you should be looking at the stinger pimpxs vs the terminator.

The pimpxs has way more capabilities than the terminator but the holley will come with a new harness.
The MS will require the purchase of a seperate WB, I suggest a spartan2
both are easy to learn.

I am biased toward MS although I have tuned many ems systems. they all have pro and cons, if you make a wiring mistake with the holley and loose an input ect, it is a paperweight... the ms can be opened and repaired, this to most users is not a reason to buy one over the other.

Reactions: 1 user
After looking at both im leaning more towards the MS for the reasons you said and i really dont wanna replace my harness.
Im also trying to research if using a aftermarket setup and tuneing it will give me the results i want.

Is there something that makes the spartan2 better then the Innovate WB? What is the easiest way to install the WB in the exhaust?
Can i replace a O2 with the WB sensor or do i need both O2's?

It boils down to this..
The ms2pnp is ms2 based this unit is actually at EOL.... meaning it will never see an update.
The stinger pimpxs is a licensed megasquirt product built specifically for the ford eec iv platform. It is ms3 based and is still being updated currently with new firmware, it is vastly superior in comparison to the ms2. And the stinger pimpxs is sequential injection to the ms2 batchfire.

I always suggest the spartan2 or spartan3 adv... it's what I trust in my own car, the spartan2 comes with a calibration sheet to get it dialed in correctly, the innovate tend to die abruptly and have voltage offset issues.

Reactions: 1 user
After looking at both im leaning more towards the MS for the reasons you said and i really dont wanna replace my harness.
Im also trying to research if using a aftermarket setup and tuneing it will give me the results i want.

Is there something that makes the spartan2 better then the Innovate WB? What is the easiest way to install the WB in the exhaust?
Can i replace a O2 with the WB sensor or do i need both O2's?

I was recently looking into WBs to replace my old one. So so many issues/complaints with all the Innovate's. I ended up doing dual 14point7 ADV 3 and they are very nice. My two replaced my rear O2 sensors on my car.

Im not sure what sequential and batch fire mean? My motor is a N/A 410W..using 42lb injectors if that matters?
Sounds like the Pimpxs is the better choice. If i buy a spartan2 do i need a gauge or dose it just hook right to the pimp box?

Dose the pimpxs has the auto learn feature like the mspnp?

im redoing my dash with a florida5.0 insert and im just going to run a speedo/fuel level and WB gauge. not sure what the gauge
options are for the spartan2? One thing i liked about the Innovate is i could change the face to match the other gauges.

How about other options? I have a 427W in a 65 Mustang. In early 2019 I bolted on a FiTech port injection system, with 80# injectors, and also running the ignition.

I did it by-the-book. And then drove the Hot Rod Power Tour, and went to the NSRA nationals, about 6K miles each trip.

It runs like it knows what it is doing.

If i buy the Pimpxs with a single WB id assume i can add a second to the other side later on if i decide to?

For the WB to function i just need the Spartan2 with sensor? i dont have to have a physical gauge do i?