Honest question...

:nonono: I've got a 98' 3.8 vert. Honestly, could I beat civics (of what year range&type) or rsx's, preludes, etc you know what I'm talking about. I know I can't beat much since my only 'performance mod' right now is a drop in K&N. But my 0-60 is like 10 seconds and I believe theirs is faster than that :nonono: I'm so proud of my car yet so depressed that I can be upstaged so easily. I've never street raced before and even though people say its bad blah blah, we've all done it or will do it at some point. *I AM NOT SUPPORTING STREET RACING BY ANY MEANS! But I'm afraid to even try racing because I don't want to get trashed..I hope someone out there knows what I'm talking about :(

• Sponsors (?)

Even if I only have 150hp (quoted HP that is, and not at the wheels)?? I consider myself a decent driver (who doesn't) I can easily scratch 2nd with everything stock and 225/55 ZR 16" tires; so I'm saying I can shift pretty quick w/o a kit already without over-revving, missing gears, and still pulling as hard as I can get my car to pull. I just don't want to be looked down on by people who are supported by maxwell house racing.. :notnice:

i agree with integraholic but i believe you could beat any auto vtec civic my friend has a 4 door and his 0-60 weve timed(not super accurate but this is from multiple runs) around 11.3 sec. im sure the 2 door is not too much faster but im sure manuals would put up a fight for you.

edit: as for the other cars listed it really depends on year and model, newer golf/jetta 1.8t's and vr6s youll likely lose to, same with newer maximas, especially the highest model(hell i think they put up fights with, if not beat, 99+ gt's). 4cyl accords shouldnt be a problem but the v6's of any year will beat you

I know you can take at least slightly modded preludes with bone stock, I know I did. Now I'm not saying you'll burn 'em, but I stayed ahead about half a length the whole way (we only went to 70 or so and then both stopped accelerating; we were on a cop-happy road). VTEC or not I don't know, it had the sticker, along with a few others and maxwell exhaust and carbon fiber hood.

Stangfanatic98 said:
*I AM NOT SUPPORTING STREET RACING BY ANY MEANS!

I am! :rlaugh:

...Look, like you said everybody has done it or will do it or does it on a regular basis and i'm not going to lie to you, I seriously doubt that you can beat any late modle V-tech cars... maybe hang with an auto or stock manual, but i'm not sure. I'd say give it a try 'cause you never know and that's how everyone learns... is by actually trying it out for them selves (whatever it maybe), NOT by takeing the advice of everyone else around you. I'd say chirp those gears and smoke those tires and kick thiere ricer ass.... But that's just me.

.....LEGAL, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH.....

I'm not telling him to go out and race on his local highway, interstate, in industrial areas, etc. I'm just saying that unless he trys something for himselve he'll never know or atleast never have an idea of any sort.

...Take it to the track :rolleyes:

Integraholic said:
It's VTEC.

Thanks, but I don't care, no offense to you or anything it just that I don't drive'em or like'em for that matter so I could care less about how to spell theire super secret cam weapon or whatever it is. Except for the RSX Type-S, and the 3.2 CL Type-S... but that's another story.