Hood pin and grille question

02GTRX

I told an admin to shut up...now I live with the S
Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Sep 27, 2004
My hood tends to move alot while driving on the highway. Almost to the point where I think its going to fly off. I heard hood pins will get rid of this problem, can anyone here vouch for that? I already tried adjusting the hood stop things and that didnt work. Also what brand are some good hood pins? I like the shelby ones but not the price, is any out there that resemble those without a high price. Also how hard are they to install? and last im getting a center fog light grille for xmas, which brand is best and where is good place to buy I saw a 3d carbon somewhere (cant remember) for $130 and the same one at brenspeed for $200. Any other sites you guys recommend looking?

• Sponsors (?)

I have the Shelby billet aluminum hood pins and they absolutely stopped the high speed hood shake I had previously. Super nice quality. Much better than the cheaper Mr Gasket style that have been around for decades (that rust out and the chrome rubs off of too easily). I've used hood pins on most of my cars that see track duty. Easy to install if you take your time and measure carefully before you drill the hood.

you can get the scoot drakes hood pins there like $60 there the same as the shelby but with out the shelby logos. check partscheap.com. On the grille go with the 3d it comes with the pony emlems and new bulbs. check my 3d grille with street scene chrome fog light benzels.

g1.jpg

g3.jpg

Attachments

• g1.jpg
    g1.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 77
  • g3.jpg
    g3.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 92
I just installed the Scott Drake billet hood pins (same as Shelby but without the logo). Haven't had the car out yet to test them but I didn't have the shake problem before anyway. I also just changed out my 3D Carbon Eleanor grille for a Street Scene black chrome center fog grille. Although I had some trouble with installing the fog lights on the SS grille (see my thread on that) in the end, I really like the result. The one thing that annoyed me about the 3D Carbon grille was trying to keep all the honeycomb clean. Lots of nooks and crannies that were a pain to get at.