Hooked up Cobra intake wrong - coolant got in intake

Stormwalker

Not a New Member
Nov 19, 2003
Ft Ripley, MN
As the title states, I was just trying to hook things up together the way they came apart, and so I hooked up the coolant line to the Cobra intake (boy I wish that thing would have at least come with some instructions). Basically, coolant got in the intake since the car was run for about 10-20 seconds. What do I have to do now? Do I have to take the vacuum system apart and clean it all out? Take the sparkplugs out and turn the motor over a bit? Take the intake off and clean it all out? What would some of the knowledgable people on this board do if someone brought a car to them that this happened to (since they would not do something this stupid themselves!)?

Would it be safe to use a bit of brake cleaner in the cylinders before turning it over to clean them out? Will the fact that some coolant got into my motor destroy my O2 sensors?

The coolant line that I hooked up used to go in the EGR spacer, but the Cobra does not use one and apparently does not use any coolant either.

Thanks for any help.

• Sponsors (?)

As long as coolant just went into the combustion chambers, you could just run some seafoam through there. That stuff works wonders. How the heck did you hook up a coolant line to allow coolant into the intake? Check your oil to make sure there's none in there.

I hate admitting to it but I have done that... terrible feeling. :nonono: First step is pull your plugs and see if your motor will turn by hand, if you are lucky you didnt hydrolock it and bend your rods to sh!7. Drain your oil, leave the drain out, pull your valve covers and intake, use fresh oil down all the gallies to push out any water, sucks but must be done. if you turn by hand you're probably ok but dont get your hopes up too high, put it back together, pray, take your time, good luck