Hooker Long Tubes....the secret to the passenger side?

tamadrummer88

Aug 19, 2005
Aloha State
Well, im installing Hooker Long Tube headers into my 93 mustang. The driver side was easy, the back tube comes out, remove the steering shaft, put the header in, put the pipe in, and then put back the steering shaft.

For the passenger side, 3 of the tubes come out. there was one tube that was in the way of the starter, without the starter there, that one tube can go in. So we took out the starter, put in the tube, and the header fits. Now, we cant get the starter back in. the ear on the bellhousing of the transmission is in the way, as is the firewall.

By taking out the back tube, the starter still doesent fit. Anybody got any tricks to the passenger side? This whole episode is starting to piss me off, makes me wish i got shortys in the first place. :(

• Sponsors (?)

Will they interfere with eachother when they are both theoretically in place, or is it just an issue of being able to install one with the other already in place? If its just an installation issue, have you tried disconnecting the passenger side engine mount and leaning the engine away from the strut tower for more room to work with? If not, you'll have to buy a different set of headers or a "mini" starter motor. Good luck.

Will they interfere with eachother when they are both theoretically in place, or is it just an issue of being able to install one with the other already in place? If its just an installation issue, have you tried disconnecting the passenger side engine mount and leaning the engine away from the strut tower for more room to work with? If not, you'll have to buy a different set of headers or a "mini" starter motor. Good luck.

Yeah, its pretty much trying to install one with another in place. Ill try jacking up the motor and see what happens from there.