Progress Thread Hoopty v2.0 - Back in action!

I miss my 5 speed too . But my manual Vb is fun and I have unfinished business as far as how fast my car needs to go in full street trim before i decide if I’d ever do that swap back . I left the 3rd pedal in for that reason though

• Sponsors (?)

When I swapped in a “new” T-5 in my ‘86 I used a regular floor jack. I used one hand to keep it on the jack, the other to guide it into place, and used my leg to jack it up.

Reactions: 1 users
The red car had a TR 3650 behind the 4.6. The Cobra had a 6 speed.
All of the gear shifting I need to do Is done.

I find the whole thing to be Oxy-moron-ic...

Whats the point of spending money trying to modify a car to make it faster when it has a manual trans? Manual trans cars are slow.

The red car had a TR 3650 behind the 4.6. The Cobra had a 6 speed.
All of the gear shifting I need to do Is done.

I find the whole thing to be Oxy-moron-ic...

Whats the point of spending money trying to modify a car to make it faster when it has a manual trans? Manual trans cars are slow.

For me, just like an electric car (Tesla, whatever), they DO NOT interest me in the slightest. I am in love with the act of driving, all 4 limbs, fully engaged in the process at all times. I don't want to be on my phone, messing with the radio, I don't use cruise control for any trip under 1k miles, and I fully understand and admit that it's dumb. I KNOW that the other cars are quicker, but IDGAF at all, I drive for me and the things that make me smile. There's absolutely NOTHING about the technology in the newer cars that appeals to me, in fact it drives me away! I'm not that old either, a few months shy of 40, but I just DO NOT LIKE all the crap they put in cars... and I've worked in IT since 2000 so it's not that I'm dumb there either, it's what I do! Self driving cars are something I never want to own, not quite to the point of a minivan (NEVER), but still, it's close in my mind.

I concede that a tesla will smoke my cars, I don't care, I've got a ZX-10R that says I can be right there with them to 60, beat them in the 1/4, out brake them, out corner them, top speed is likely about the same or in my favor, and out accelerate them from a roll all while burning gasoline at 40+ MPG and sounding right.

• Hell Yeah!
  • Agree
Reactions: 4 users
For me, just like an electric car (Tesla, whatever), they DO NOT interest me in the slightest. I am in love with the act of driving, all 4 limbs, fully engaged in the process at all times. I don't want to be on my phone, messing with the radio, I don't use cruise control for any trip under 1k miles, and I fully understand and admit that it's dumb. I KNOW that the other cars are quicker, but IDGAF at all, I drive for me and the things that make me smile. There's absolutely NOTHING about the technology in the newer cars that appeals to me, in fact it drives me away! I'm not that old either, a few months shy of 40, but I just DO NOT LIKE all the crap they put in cars... and I've worked in IT since 2000 so it's not that I'm dumb there either, it's what I do! Self driving cars are something I never want to own, not quite to the point of a minivan (NEVER), but still, it's close in my mind.

I concede that a tesla will smoke my cars, I don't care, I've got a ZX-10R that says I can be right there with them to 60, beat them in the 1/4, out brake them, out corner them, top speed is likely about the same or in my favor, and out accelerate them from a roll all while burning gasoline at 40+ MPG and sounding right.
Agreed. Merely going fast is far from the most important thing.

Reactions: 1 user

yep, I totally agree... give me a stick shift and v8 motor with nice sounding exhaust.... they can take the electric and self driving crap and shove them...

Meh, it’s more fun to mat the gas on a turbo car, and not have to lift till it’s time to.
the-dude.jpg

Who said anything about electric, or self driving? last time I checked, it was about modifying a faster car to go slower for the sake of “fun” .
The person he was quoting in his post.

Who said anything about electric, or self driving? last time I checked, it was about modifying a faster car to go slower for the sake of “fun” .
My car might make 330hp at the flywheel. It’s not like I’m doing this work on a pro-mod. It’s just fun to putt around town. I really don’t have any interest in making it faster. I have my eye on a set of $3500 wheels though.