Progress Thread Hoopty v2.0 - Back in action!

• Sponsors (?)

1611779954391.png

Not long after this. my phone rang with an apology.

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 2 users
Not really! I locked my keys in my rusty 85 in college security used a slim jim between the glass and belt molding to grab the lock knob linkage. I'm not sure the molding faired well but I didn't care to much as the car was pretty rough.

My 92 now has a Viper alarm more for the fob and hatch access more then anything!

A slim jim actually still works on the fox cars.
You have to bend the tool about 1/2-3/4 inch just above the notch and when you slide in above and just forward of the door lock with the bend towards you, watch the lock head to move around then you know you are against the lock rod, you can pump the slim jim up and down and it should grab the rod and pull it up.
I can get into one in seconds but I've had a ton of practice.
When you bend the tool visualize how the notch will grab the rod, you want just enough angle for the rod to fit.
Use soap on the tool and your window rubber should be ok, and it keeps from scratching the glass, I've also used a plastic drink lid between the glass and the tool and it won't scratch the glass.

• Useful
Reactions: 3 users
I've gotten in a few foxes by removing the trunk lock retaining clip...pulling the lock out...and using a long screw driver to turn the latch mechanism. Very easy. Doesn't leave a mark. Takes me about 5 minutes with a cordless drill or concrete sharpened screw driver and something to hit it with. Takes a little skill.

A car thief taught me....not Karthief

Doesn't work well on notches. Very hard for someone not crackhead sized to fit between the package tray reinforcement braces.

Reactions: 1 users