Hoping i'm back in the game

sn-95matt5-0

Nov 6, 2006
God its been a while and I've let my project sit for way too long.

Well what I've been away from the car scene for quite some time since I got married and switched jobs. I'm now a card carrying apprentice for local 136 IBEW and I'm actually on a 40 hr a week job so i have time to breathe. I'm wanting to get back into my car and make some progress on the build. I got a kid on the way soon in the next month or so and I won't have too much money to spend but atleast i may be able to start turning some wrenches again on it. Plus i want to get back into the car scene while the kids young so maybe he will spark an interest in it and want to help his dad work on the stang.

So the car has been sitting for quite some time now and I'm hoping to get out there and get it crank soon especially since I'll be moving to my parents old house and I'll have a place of my own to work on it (as soon as i get dads projects out of the shop that is lol).

So my questions are what kind of things do i need to address since it has been sitting so long. If there is anything too major wrong with the motor I'll be probably try and fix it with the 351w swap.

And i found a couple transmission out of some 3.8 mustangs ranging from a 01 to a 03 model. I was originally wanting to go with a 4r70w for my 351w build but have been giving it thoughts of going manual. The trans that i found were the 4r70w and were in the price range of 350-450. Now that these trans are older is it still a safe bet that they are in good condition? They are advertised to be at a local LKQ warehouse and apparently they test and do minor repairs on the trans before selling them.

My original plan was to do the swap now and get it running good in the car so i could focus on the 351 next. Kinda just doing it in stages to keep problem factors down.I'll be doing 90% of all the work myself to keep the cost down and just because i enjoy it.

Well guys I've been trying to read up and see what everyone was up to. Looks like some of the same faces are here. So give me your opinions on what steps i should make to get back into my project.

• Sponsors (?)