Horn Chirps when Locking, Unlocking & Exiting

LBrantley1

Oct 24, 2019
Arkansas
We just purchased a 2010 V6 Automatic, The horn chirps once when you lock the car from the remote & twice when u unlock. I thought you had to press the lock button twice before the audible chirp happened, but not the case here. Also after turning off the ignition and opening the door the horn chirps twice. If you shut off the car open the door & hit the p0wer lock on the door it chirps once, after closing the door it chirps 9 yes 9 times. I have searched for a way to change the settings & have not been successful. Any help would be appreciated, it is a little annoying

• Sponsors (?)

Not a mustang, but my wife has a 4Runner. It started doing that one day. Was driving use crazy. Turned out there was a key fob in the car. :doh: Removed it and it stopped doing the extended chirping thing. As for the other issue I've got nothing.

A lot of cars have a holder for them that allows the thing to operate even if the internal battery is dead.

Many times, these holders are located under the arm-rest cover or dash on the Driver side.