horsepower?

trock

Jun 4, 2005
Mexico (Missouri)
hey guys i just bought a 2000 silver stang convertible. completely stock engine and all that kind of stuff. i was wondering if any of you guys have dynoed a stock 2000 V6 or anything w/ the same engine as mine. also what have you topped your car out at and all that. thanx for the info. :cheers:

• Sponsors (?)

115mph topout. 155rwhp. And to answer all of the questions that you will ask in your future.

1) Yes an E-bay CAI is about the same as anyother one.
2) T-lok will spin both your tires
3) I don't know why only the right side is higher than the other, after you lowered it.
4) Diablosport tuner will save you some money after you get gears and such
5) 3.73 gear ration is good for manual trannys
6) 4.20 gear ration is good for autos & manuals
7) Search button
8) GT take-offs will work fine
9) Boobies are awsome
10) unless you drop alot of money into your car you can't beat a GT in 1/4mile

worked v6 said:
115mph topout. 155rwhp. And to answer all of the questions that you will ask in your future.

3) I don't know why only the right side is higher than the other, after you lowered it.
7) Search button
9) Boobies are awsome

:stupid:

worked v6 said:

7) Search button
9) Boobies are awsome

This should be a sticky! :flag:

I've gone 117 in my 98, but then again I put a new gauge face on, so it might have shifted? So maybe 116 or 118. Somewhere around there. Let me also add that STOCK MANUAL SYNCHROS SUCK!! I want an MGW shifter :( :( It sometimes won't let me shift into 3rd when I start getting up just below 5k RPM :nonono:

yep boobies are pretty much the *****

i believe the limiters vary but its between 115-120mph, i checked mine using the electronic speedo function in the odometer and clocked 118. i have seen someones "stock" dyno sheet for 170 something rwhp i use the quotes because i probably cant find it to post up but yeah its a good bit below the 193 crank hp given by ford.

and i believe up there worked v6 meant 4.10 gears not 4.20(must have been thinkin of something else there :rolleyes: )

and i would like to add 2 things to the list

11) it is NOT easy at all to swap a v8 of any kind into a v6 mustang, it can be done but pretty much requires a wrecked gt to do
12)the supercharger from thunderbird supercoupes will not fit easily onto a v6 mustang, it requires many MANY other engine components out of the t-bird

enjoy :flag:

FunkMasterFlex said:
yep boobies are pretty much the *****

i believe the limiters vary but its between 115-120mph, i checked mine using the electronic speedo function in the odometer and clocked 118. i have seen someones "stock" dyno sheet for 170 something rwhp i use the quotes because i probably cant find it to post up but yeah its a good bit below the 193 crank hp given by ford.

and i believe up there worked v6 meant 4.10 gears not 4.20(must have been thinkin of something else there :rolleyes: )

and i would like to add 2 things to the list

11) it is NOT easy at all to swap a v8 of any kind into a v6 mustang, it can be done but pretty much requires a wrecked gt to do
12)the supercharger from thunderbird supercoupes will not fit easily onto a v6 mustang, it requires many MANY other engine components out of the t-bird

enjoy :flag:

:hail2: BOOBIES :hail2: LOl. Yeah, I meant 4.10... don't know what I was thinking *caugh, caugh*. Definately add those two to the list. Are mods the only ones who can make stickeys or can we do them to?