How do I correctly wire/install, a sn95 starter on my fox?

91foxbod50

Sep 26, 2007
I Installed an sn95 starter on my fox a few months back, and its been horrible and noisey. I thought their was just a defect with the solonoid, so i took it back to the zone yesterday when I was doing my clutch and got a brand new one. After I buttoned everything up and started my car its doing the same as usual.

After I crank the starter and key off, the starter will keep spinning for about 3-5 seconds. I'm sure its just the wiring, because as of now i have it set up so the small prong is linked to one of the larger prongs and the power is to the small prong on the starter. I Fiddled with jumping the wires around, but the way its set up now is the only way the starter will turn.

What I didnt try was setting it up so all prongs have contact. Its bothering me, but I dont want to take the starter back off on a hunch.

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds like an inductance issue. The fat starter cable on the fender solenoid should have been moved to the battery side of the solenoid. Then a new 14 gauge wire is run from the now-vacant solenoid terminal to the trigger on the piggyback solenoid.