How do you get the damn headlight knob off.

• Sponsors (?)

I do not take credit for it, simply used the search. Hope this helps you out some.

Are just needing to remove the knob so you can take the bezel off? If you pull the light switch to turn the lights on you will find a small notch in the plastic knob close to the bezel. Now get a pick that has a 90 degree tip and put in the notch and pull on the pick and then on the knob and it should pull off. What you are doing is pulling on the metal spring like clip that holds the knob on to the rod. Then push the rod back in to turn the lights off and pull the bezel off, thats it. Hope this helps.

Yeah that knob kicked my ass when I went to install my billit gauge plate.
Its really easy when you know the trick. You need a thin small flathead screwdriver like a jeweler would use. Pull out the knob to the on position,
and rotate till you see a slot where you can put the screwdriver to realease
a spring clip thats on the shaft.

I finally got it off. I used the bent nail and a set of vise grips so I could hold it without the nail moving.

Im happy
30kt7up.jpg

Attachments

• 30kt7up.jpg
    30kt7up.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 80
How do you get the bastard to stay on? I bought the car during the day and then when night came I went to turn the lights on and there I was with my knob in my hand. ( that sounded bad) I am able to turn them on carefully but it still comes off pretty easily. The clip stays on the rod. Should I just go to the junk yard or is this fixable?

How do you get the bastard to stay on? I bought the car during the day and then when night came I went to turn the lights on and there I was with my knob in my hand. ( that sounded bad) I am able to turn them on carefully but it still comes off pretty easily. The clip stays on the rod. Should I just go to the junk yard or is this fixable?

I just pushed it back on the rod and it stayed on for me. Maybe the clip is bad in yours?