How does the shifter cable and bracket bolt onto the AOD?

Notchbackdrew

Mar 21, 2006
Ive got my tranny fully installed, everythings flush, besides the torque converter bolts but thats a different story in another thread. Regardless Im having trouble figuring out how the shifter cable and bracket bolt onto the tranny.

Theres that little lever with a square peg, but I dont know what Im supposed to bolt onto it.. please help or send me a pic or diagram, thatd be great ;)

TIA

• Sponsors (?)

My B&M shifter cable bolts to two of the back drivers side bolts on the tranny pan. I would think that it would mount the same. the lever with the square peg is the shifter its self. Attach the shifter cable to that. The "square peg" in the center of it is for the TV cable. Make sure you attach that before you drive. It contorls the pressure in the valve body and if it is not hooked up right it will blow the tranny. I know...I've blow up five because of it.

Ok I think I figured it out. So the rectangular bracket at the end ofthe shifter cable bolts onto the shifter itself (basically the bottom bolt). And the TV pressure cable bolts onto the square peg itself?

Theres another little bracket that fit over the square peg that looks like an elbow and has a medal nipple looking thing at the tip of it, what is that? Ill take pics tommorow...

Also theres tons of plugs down there, im curious as to where they go. Ill take pics of those tommorow as well. Thanks for your help.

I know that one of the plugs is the tester pressure port. I think that you need a hose with a 10 an fitting to plug into it and a oil pressure guage and then you can check for proper oil pressure in the tranny. I think that drive is 55-65 psi and reverse is 65-75 psi. I've got a book somewhere, but I'll check later. I think that that "little bracket that fit over the square peg that looks like an elbow and has a medal nipple " is the TV lever, but if you could post a pic that would help. I'll try to post what I have going on, but all of mine is aftermarket (Lokar and B&M), so it migh not help too much.

don't know if this will help or not, but here's a pic of how mine was......that black bracket in the front does have a tab on it that goes into a hole on the tranny, then one bolt holds it on...

35baeb6c.jpg

Attachments

• 35baeb6c.jpg
    35baeb6c.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 6,593