How does your spouse feel about your Mustang?

I had a rx-8 when me and the wife met, not too long ago when i was home on leave we drove in my 93' and she liked that. when it came time to trade in the rexy for a Mustang, she thought i was a little crazy but if i wanted one she said i could get one. Now we fight over who gets to drive it to work, and sadly most of the time i lose.

• Sponsors (?)

Well all I have to do is post this video SpringMustangCruise2008_0002.flv - Video - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting. As you can tell she is all for the stang, going on cruises and car shows. She has told me that the vibration of the exhaust turns her on sometimes :D:nice: lol. Once I let her drive my car and she started crying because she knows I don't let anyone drive my car and also I think she was scared. I use to DD my car but just bought a jeep for winter driveing or when we need to hull stuff.

Hey all, I am new to the forum, because I am only still in the market for a Mustang. I have been researching the new car purchase for well over 6 months, and I have decided that the best possible car purchase is a Mustang Bullitt. My wife thinks that is crazy, she does not like the Mustang. This would be my car, in that, I would drive it 99% of the time, but she would need to drive it every once in a great while (if the other car breaks down or something). We dont have kids yet, we do have snowy winters. Her concern is that its not practical enough because the back seats are nearly useless and it would be horrible in the snow. I say, who is going to be in the back seat anyhow, and it does have traction control.

How do your spouses feel about your Mustang? How did you convince them it was the right move?

(I specifically said spouse instead of wife to remain gender neutral and not alienate the hot women on the board who drive Mustangs despite their husband's misplaced disapproval.)

:lol:

Both my boyfriend and I love Mustangs so, it's ok that we have 4 between us...

...right? :scratch:

:banana:

Mine wanted nothing to do with Mustangs because my 91 was loud, boxy, and with its stripes looked "butch" to her...haha, wheres the love for le mans stripes? All she wanted was a BMW and I had been pining for an S197 since the day they were announced. So I took her down to the dealership one day and got her to drive an 06.....we bought it that day. She has loved Mustangs ever since that day and she drives most days to boot. Who am I to complain? Not only that, she wants all the mods so it gets plenty of extra work. Besides, now we have 2 67's, coupe and fastback projects, and a second 88 vert.

As far as driving in the snow, I think they are horrible for that. We live in Denver and the first snow, she spun a couple 360's down the middle of the street. Lucky, she didn't hit anything but I drove it the rest of the winter and it was all over the place. I could never keep it straight. Ended up buying an old truck to drive in the winter and the stangs stay parked in the garage.

LB

Here's my .02 cents worth of advice:

If you are planning to have kids, you better make sure you are going to have a vehicle in which you can fit them, a pack n play, diaper bag, toys and other crap into all at once.

I picked my wife up an 06 Xterra first... get the family vehicle portion out of the way.

2 years later I picked up an 04 GT that's an auto so that she can drive it if she needs to. I still have my blown notch banger sitting under a cover if I need to do some rowing, plus Chicago traffic sucks, so I needed an auto car.

Winters:

BUY WINTER TIRES. I cannot begin to explain the difference between Blizzaks and summer performance tires. I put my wife behind the wheel with 3 inches of snow on the road and never once did she spin the tires. I had a Wrangler guy stop to watch my wife drive the 'Stang, up a hill, around a corner that was on a hill and even had her come to a complete stop just to prove a point. She easily got going again while on the steep banking corner... it's called snow tires, get some and fear nothing but huge snow drifts: let's be realistic it is a Mustang. The Posi walked it way through everything the Chicago winter threw at it...as long as I had the blizzaks.

People at work were laughing at me, that is, until I walked around the front wheel drive malibu spinning one front tire LOL.

People at my wifes work thought she was looney and was going to lose it, but she pulled into 4 inches of unplowed lot and pulled right up to the door like it was nothing. TIRES, TIRES, and yes you guess it; TIRES. Don't be a pud and run the wrong tire for the season. This isn't the 1940's.

Mustangs are great winter cars as long as you set them up properly. So many people say how terrible they are (yawn), I believe mine to be as safe as my wife's 4x4 Xterra and that's no BS. My Mustang handles better in the snow than my 03 Nissan posi fwd spec V did with winter force tires.

My wife likes the S197 better then I do. We have a baby on the way, and even through we have an AWD V8 Explorer... I'd like to get rid of the S197 for a SRT8 4 Door something. But she won't let me. She likes the Mustang too much

My wife likes the S197 better then I do. We have a baby on the way, and even through we have an AWD V8 Explorer... I'd like to get rid of the S197 for a SRT8 4 Door something. But she won't let me. She likes the Mustang too much

The important part is that you already have one 4dr AWD carry-all!

There's no other feeling like Mustang!

All of the girlfriends I have had in the past have all come to like my cars. When I bought my first Mustang back in 2001 while still in high school, I started dating this girl who was always into BMWs, and high end luxury vehicles. Even though that car was a V6, it had a few tasteful mods and it looked really really good (many V8 owners would complement me at the time). She eventually came to loooove the car. Funny thing is I don't date her anymore but when she found out I had bought the 2008 GT/CS I currently own, she called me to say "I hope you still kept the silver one!" LOL.

The current gf looooves the CS. I think the Mustang, just as anything you enjoy in life, should not be given up because of someone else. What you have to do is talk to them and have them understand that the car is a part of who you are. I cannot see myself driving anything else other than a Mustang. When I went to buy the CS, I pondered the idea of getting an used Z06 like my brother's, or an E46 M3. All of that went down the drain once I drove the S197 Mustang.

I'm sure after the car is home and she takes a ride in it, you will see the smile open up ;)