How much did you pay for your 2011 mustang GT? need help on pricing

hksxskyline

Apr 13, 2011
Ok first of all, I have no idea if this is the right forum to ask this, so mods please move this if so.

anyways i'm EXTREMELY dumb when it comes to buying new cars so I was wondering if anybody on this forum can help me out.

I'm interested in buying a 2011 Mustang GT Base(or premium if I can pull off a good deal) and right now their is a 2000$ incentive or 1.9 apr for 60 months. this is what the salesman offered me.

BASIC 2011 Mustang GT no options:
Vehicle Price: $30,495
Preferred Customer discount - $1,555
Customer Rebate -$2,000
Dealer trade and transportation +$300 (the car is about 700 miles away)
Selling Price: $27,240

Sales Tax(estimate) $1761
Tag/Regis(estimate) $65.80
Title $33
Documentation $122.50 <-- WTF is that

OTD: $29,256.47

Is that a good deal? the car already has 178 miles and it'l have about 878 miles when I receive it..

or do yall think I can get a 2011 premium gt for under 31k OTD?????

and by the way i'm putting 10,000 down and gonna get a loan for 60 months. i'm trying to keep the monthly payments under 420$

any tips on dealing with the salesman will be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advanced.

• Sponsors (?)

That doesn't seem too great a deal to me. Look into getting an x-plan pin either through your employer, owning Ford stock, or joining the Mustang Club of America. That should save you some money. For some perspective, I got my used 2011 Mustang GT California Special with Auto transmission, glass roof, security package and aftermarket viper remote start for $32,000 with about 8000 miles. Arizona doesn't charge sales tax on private party used car sales either so that saved me some money. But I had to deal directly with the MVD to get it registered since there wasn't a dealer to do it for me.

31 OTD for a premium might be tricky.

The best deal I was able to negotiate (central TX) was a touch over 30 before TTL, only options being the comfort and 401 spec. 32 OTD I could see happening if you're willing to walk away from a few dealers on a "base" GT premium.

If you're able to find (and are open to) a slightly used car like katmando, that can shave several thousand off.

Actually with taxes coming to that much, it is not an awful deal.
X plan would save you about a thousand or so but I bet you would not get that $1500 dealer discount.
If you like the car and can afford it, I would say go for it.

X plan would save you about a thousand or so but I bet you would not get that $1500 dealer discount.

This is correct. With X-Plan you are coming up from a fixed point pretty close to invoice (specifically invoice - 0.4% + $275 admin fee) and you won't get any other concessions from the dealer as they are not allowed to give them to you and still be able to participate in the X-Plan. The only way you are going to beat X-Plan is if it is a car that the dealer really does not want on their lot anymore and is willing to sell for a loss. When I was looking a few months ago, none of the dealers in the Phoenix area would go any lower than x-plan but the trade-in appraisal did vary between dealerships so it was still worth looking.

I used the X-plan and got available incentives at the time. With the X-plan pricing, I also received $1500 in rebates from Ford (a $1000 one and a $500 one), as well as a $750 coupon discount that I got in my brochure.

On March 1st, those incentives disappeared and the coupon was set to expire on March 6th.

X-plan minus $2200 was not too shabby. Though, this was at the end of February and was for 2011 GTs (and they wanted to move them since the 2012s were rolling out).

List price for my car (2011 GT Premium with a couple options) was: $38,080.
I paid $32,200 so I got almost $6k off (this is all before TTR).

Agreed. I went to a dealer that claim to sell all cars at or below invoice. They priced it all up for me and the car was at invoice. Then they tacked on $1200 in two different "non-negotiable" dealer fees. DOH. So I went and joined MCA, got the xplan pin and ordered the car at a much better deal somewhere else.

when buying a new car if your willing to walk away from a deal and they already know you qualify they will not let you go without a better price every time !! car salesman are in it for sales they need to sell so many cars or they wont keep there jobs , there is hold back money and dealer cost all this is negotiable if you can be willing to walk !!now when ordering a car and pick specific options all the dealing is out the window but just shop the car and you will find a better deal !!! Good luck

True but that probably only worked because it was last years model that they wanted to clear off of their lot. I doubt you'd be able to find a dealer that would let you custom order a new one with the exact options you want for less than X-Plan - coupons/rebates.

When I bought it, it was current model. I think I bought it in oct/nov 2010. I found one dealer willing to give me Aplan pricing, but couldn't help me with my trade. Aplan be significantly under invoice, also known as employee pricing.

I know its probably a little too late since im guessing you already bought one, but I bought my 2011car mustang gt California Special with 3,000 miles on it for 31,000 with no money down. Im sure you could've got a better deal