How much does Mach460 system weigh?

Back2Mustangs

Sep 2, 2004
I know it's not a couple hundred pounds so it's kind of pointless, but anyone know how much the amp's and all the speakers weigh, total? I never listen to the radio in my car so I was thinking about pulling out the head-unit and replacing that slot with a custom gauge cluster. I was just wondering how much weight it might save to go ahead and gut the car of all radio equipment.

• Sponsors (?)

That's more than I thought. I think I will go ahead and pull it all out. So far I've:

> deleted the rear seat
>put in an aluminum driveshaft
>installed MM's tube k-member, tube A-arms and coilovers

...as we speak, the Non-PI 2V motor is being replaced by an aluminum Teksid block with PI heads. Coming next month is:

>light-weight racing seats
>03/04 Cobra IRS
>2-piece brake rotors all around

I can't think of too many other things to reduce weight or free up rotating mass since this is a street-driven car in Texas summers. I'm keeping the power steering and hydraboost... and I'm keeping the A/C and all the interior carpets and sound-suppressing materials...

That's more than I thought. I think I will go ahead and pull it all out. So far I've:

> deleted the rear seat
>put in an aluminum driveshaft
>installed MM's tube k-member, tube A-arms and coilovers

...as we speak, the Non-PI 2V motor is being replaced by an aluminum Teksid block with PI heads. Coming next month is:

>light-weight racing seats
>03/04 Cobra IRS
>2-piece brake rotors all around

I can't think of too many other things to reduce weight or free up rotating mass since this is a street-driven car in Texas summers. I'm keeping the power steering and hydraboost... and I'm keeping the A/C and all the interior carpets and sound-suppressing materials...
this may help your quest. Stock battery, spare tire and H pipe are all areas that are surprisingly heavy.

http://www.modularrevolution.com/Weight.htm

Aah, that's a cool list. I forgot about my O/R x-pipe as being lighter than the stock, catted mid. The new motor is also going in with a lighter flywheel, BBK long-tubes and matching O/R X-pipe... oh and an aluminum radiator is being installed this week with the motor too. I was reeeeally close to pulling the hydraboost and going manual brakes and steering, but I finally decided against it. I'll actually be adding a little weight back to the motor when the Kenne Bell goes on, and the 2-piece rotors will actually only offset the extra weight I added from the 18 inch wheels/tires.

...also have Spintech side exhaust which is much lighter than the oem cat-back.