How much for a clutch install?

Kyle-02GT

May 21, 2003
Hey guys, for those of you that paid someone to replace the clutch in your GT's how much did you pay to have it installed (I got quoted 875 for a "Heavy Duty" clutch and install which seemed high to me). Just trying to find a reasonable price for labor only as I will probably get a Spec Stage II. Thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

Kyle-02GT said:
Hey guys, for those of you that paid someone to replace the clutch in your GT's how much did you pay to have it installed (I got quoted 875 for a "Heavy Duty" clutch and install which seemed high to me). Just trying to find a reasonable price for labor only as I will probably get a Spec Stage II. Thanks in advance.
Got mine installed for $200 bucks. I think someone is trying to rip you off. Did you call a ford service department.

$175 for clutch install, plus $40 for the resurfacing flywheel, I paid $100 for a King Cobra clutch (a deal from the swapmeet at Fun Ford Weekend Ennis last year).

Ike

p.s. I called around and was quoted between $165 - $350, ended up going with a reputable local transmission shop

Its the same place I had my 3.73's put in, the only thing is that they gave me a high price there too. (650) They are known for doing good work though and my gears really don't whine that much. Guess I'll need to keep calling around for some new shops. I'm still hoping that the service manager will come through and fix it under the war. He seemed curious that my clutch is already slipping and it only has 15K on the meter. Guess I can cross my fingers....

CottonBurnerz said:
I thought installing new clutch yourself was easy?... perhaps I thought wrong?
It is easy if you have the time, tools, and knowledge.
But a lot of people do not have the these and some people want peace of mind that if something breaks they just bring it back and get it fixed.
I however HATE other people working on my car. If they have to ie mounting my tires and such I always stay and watch. You would be amazed at how some people treat your car.

just my 2 cents