how much power will a king cobra hold

x182dan

Feb 27, 2006
I need a new clutch. I want something with decent pedal effort. It seems like king cobra is a good choice but will it hold 360rwtq? I don't really race it much but I don't wanna replace it every year either.
Dan

• Sponsors (?)

For what a King Cobra costs nowadays, I'd pick up the Centerforce Dual Friction for $12 more and have more power holding potential and a softer clutch. Running a T-5, you might want that lower torque holding capability though. It could be the difference between your trans going boom and the clutch slipping.

For what a King Cobra costs nowadays, I'd pick up the Centerforce Dual Friction for $12 more and have more power holding potential and a softer clutch. Running a T-5, you might want that lower torque holding capability though. It could be the difference between your trans going boom and the clutch slipping.

I have a centerforce that blew up on me in 1.5 year. It grenaded itself. The ring that holds the weights together broke and the weights went flying. Thats the reason why I am replacing it. I don't want go put the same clutch back in there and have the same problem down the road. The disc itself is mint not even close be being worn but it just seems like it wasn't made that well.

SDC19482.jpg

I need a new clutch. I want something with decent pedal effort. It seems like king cobra is a good choice but will it hold 360rwtq? I don't really race it much but I don't wanna replace it every year either.
Dan

Go with a Super King Cobra and a Ford Racing adjustable clutch cable and quadrant. Smoothest clutch i have driven with in a mustang ever! We have four mustangs and thats in the fastest one and its the easiest to driver hands down. My old King Cobra last about 8,000 miles(6,000 on a 302 with Supercharger maybe 260rwhp. then another 2,000 with 389 rwhp and 403rwtq) lets just say its burnt and is in three pieces now. I talked to the guy from the place I bought it from. This is the best clutch anyone can put in a mustang with the stock tranny. If i didnt have the stock tranny i would have gotten a better clutch but i didnt want to break the tranny yet. I would put this clutch in my other three stangs if that means anything. It's almost like driving an import(clutch effot wise.)