How Much Power Will This Thing Have?(Need a Estimate To Order Injectors)

92GreenGT

PEAT
Founding Member
Jul 18, 2002
Big Stone Gap, VA
Hey guys, how much power will my car be making at the motor/wheels. Just need an estimate. I want to loose the FMU so I am going to order injectors. Would a #30 be enough?

I think I am going to stop with the engine stuff for a while, and just work on the appearance. Here is what I will have:
-Performer RPM intake
-Accufab 70mm TB
-8-9psi
-Ignition(lol does that count?):lol:
-Electric fan(120rwhp easily :D )
-Full exhaust(equals,Prochamber,spin techs)

I think that is it for stuff that might give it some power. So would 30's be enough? The most I might do is add a cam and lightly port the E7's. Becuase I have spent enough for now. Dont need to get to crazy ya know. :rolleyes:

Just tell me what you all think.

Dave

• Sponsors (?)

I myself wouldn't go lower than 36's...they're actually cheaper than 30's aren't they? Maybe i'm thinking of something else. It all comes down to how many times you want to upgrade them in the coming years,lol. My opinion, but don't buy for what you've got right now...think of down the road. You WILL go bigger horsepower....its only a pulley swap away. ;)

NoSlo90 said:
I myself wouldn't go lower than 36's...they're actually cheaper than 30's aren't they? Maybe i'm thinking of something else. It all comes down to how many times you want to upgrade them in the coming years,lol. My opinion, but don't buy for what you've got right now...think of down the road. You WILL go bigger horsepower....its only a pulley swap away. ;)
Yeah I was thinking 36's too. Who all makes a 36lb injector? I am not 100% sure ya know.

Jason, how is yours comming along?

Dave

Accel 36's are $389
Motorsport 42's are $399

Don't know what i was thinking when i wrote the 36's are cheaper than 30's. :crazy:
Haven't touched the car in about a month..getting ready to get back to it tho.

NoSlo90 said:
Accel 36's are $389
Motorsport 42's are $399

Don't know what i was thinking when i wrote the 36's are cheaper than 30's. :crazy:
Haven't touched the car in about a month..getting ready to get back to it tho.
Damn, I will go with 30's and run the FMU later down the road.:lol::rlaugh:

I am about to get mine done, track opens in two weeks.:nice:

Dave

When going for injector selection with a blower, don't just go off of RWHP as this does not account for the loss from turning the blower itself.

I used 10PSI and 260 FWHP to give a bit of a safety buffer. But your motor is actually producing ~430 HP, this will be closer to 412 FWHP and 350 RWHP.

30#s will work at 40psi, but since you plan on upgrading in the future I suggest going with the 36#ers as well and run them with lower fuel pressure till you get more power.

I have some of the last "FMS"(just bosch) 36#ers before the price went way up, I got them for 299.
Now the 36#ers are usually more expensive than the 42s.

just to give you another example to work from I have 30#s with stock fuel system with the exception of intank 255 and inline 255.The blower is at 8 to9 psi.I have no fmu and no chip and no aftermarket fpr.The car runs great with this set up.Don't get me wrong,the balance of the fuel system would have to be upgraded beyond this point but for what it is it's more than enough.