How much will it cost for Ford to install a clutch?

cmills26

Nov 26, 2003
I am looking to buy a SPEC Stage 1 clutch and was wondering how much Ford would charge to install it? Should I go somewhere else? Will another place install it correctly?

• Sponsors (?)

im currious how you guys did it? Ive changed the clutch twice now but i had the engine out already. Im not sure how much longer my clutchmaster clutch is going to last so this would be useful info.

You guys do it on jackstands? or what?

moneypit94 said:
im currious how you guys did it? Ive changed the clutch twice now but i had the engine out already. Im not sure how much longer my clutchmaster clutch is going to last so this would be useful info.

You guys do it on jackstands? or what?

I put the front on ramps then jacked the rear axle up. I then supported the front and rear of the engine by putting jackstands under the oil pan. Just make sure to put a block of wood between the jacks and the pan. It was a little cramped but not bad. The little T5 only weighs 75 pounds so it is easy to get in and out, although I recommend someone help you. When I torqued the flywheel I just had someone hold a ratchet on the balancer's bolt so the engine wouldnt turn.

installing my first clutch

rudeone707 said:
a lil cramped? i was hella cramped, but my car was on stands all the way around, i found the biggest ones i could use.

hey moneypit did you want a step by step?
i need to do my clutch too. its gonna be my first time doing it so if you could give me a step by step it would be great. i have a spec stage 1 im installing and a throw out bearing retainer. ive been looking around on the forums and got the basic idea and i also have the chiltons manual but any input would be helpful since its gonna be my first time installing a clutch. a couple say that its a good idea to inspect the fork and pivot ball what should i look for when i inspect to tell if they need replacing? thanks