How to clean the EGR?

cjhenry01

Mar 21, 2004
I'm planning on cleaning my MAF, 10 Pins, IAB & EGR tomorrow & would like some suggestions.
I will be using Electrical cleaner on the 2 MAF wires &
Carb Cleaner for the 10 Pins & IAB.

What do I use for the EGR?
Also, How exactly do you go about cleaning the EGR? The more detailed the better.
Thanks Much!!!

• Sponsors (?)

cjhenry01 said:
I'm planning on cleaning my MAF, 10 Pins, IAB & EGR tomorrow & would like some suggestions.

Also, How exactly do you go about cleaning the EGR? The more detailed the better.
Thanks Much!!!
What 10 pins are you reffering to? If it's something electrical, don't spay it with carb cleaner. Save that for the egr. If the egr is working ok I would leave it alone. Any carbon that has built up inside will most likely not be dislodged by trying to clean it.

cjhenry01 said:

Thanks Much!!!
What 10 pins are you reffering to? If it's something electrical, don't spray it with carb cleaner. Save that for the egr. If the egr is working ok I would leave it alone. Any carbon that has built up inside will most likely not be dislodged by trying to clean it.