How to disable factory alarm in '97 Stang

180 Out

Jul 23, 2005
My wife has sent me this email about her boss's 1997 Mustang:

Mary’s car alarm has started to randomly go off. The clicker doesn’t quiet it, she must put her key in the passenger door. The dealer says it cannot be disengaged; that he could disengage the trunk only.
Can you post something on one of your web boards and get a remedy?
She would love to turn the whole thing off.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

• Sponsors (?)

Well anti-theft and Pats are actually 2 seperate modules. In the case of Mary's vehicle it sounds as if it is just an alarm issue and not a PATS issue. If that is the case it can be disarmed I believe by disconnecting the door and trunk inputs to the antitheft module so that it never knows when they are open.
You can do this right at the anit-theft module itself,it is located on the left trunk hindge brace and should have 2 connectors C403 and C404. You will have to disconnect 1 wire in each connector, in the C404 connector u will need to disconnect the T/LG wire on pin 5, this is the trunk switch and on connector C403 u will need to disconnect the DB/O wire on pin 14,this the door open signal. This should keep it from going off.
I did this on a 97 Town Car this week and it would not even arm after disconnecting these inputs.