how to increase horse power

• Sponsors (?)

Most of us start with a cold air intake kit, dual exhaust with aftermarket mufflers, and underdrive pulleys. These add a minimal amount of horsepower, but are decent starting points for the cost (these do improve your mpg though :D).

The major horsepower is going to be gained from nitrous injection, super/turbo chargers, and other expensive engine modifications. These are getting up into the thousands of $$$, so unattainable for most of us, unfortunately. :(

intake is considered the cheapest way to gain hp.. ie cai, throttle body, spacer. u can also look into a chip like a diablo sport tuner. I've heard u/d pulleys work pretty well but theyl slow down ur accessories so depending on how loud u like ur music :nice: or how cold u like ur a/c :nono: that cud be a consideration. Plugs and wires are underrated also they give u a couple of hp and come pretty cheap.

I say start with dual exhaust.. your car will look better, sound better, and get a small bump in horsepower. Also the MPG will go up a bit. My problem is since I got my Flowmasters, I leadfoot the throttle more to hear them, so the MPG actually went down. But if you avoid that, you will see an increase.

My neighbor has a '96 V6 'vert that he dropped a 2000 GT drivetrain into. That was a bit of a horsepower increase.:D
The lame thing is GT owners rev at him, but back down after learning it's got a V8.:shrug: :nonono:

If that's too extreme, a '99+ Split port setup is usually a good start.

If THAT'S too extreme, I vote for MAC mufflers.:nice:

any chip will give u an increase in power and also with an automatic u'll be able to change shift points to get the most in each gear. however, what hypertech advertises as power gains will probably not equal the amount u'll actually gain

im not sure, but im on the verge of purchasing some jba shorties. the cheapest place i found was summitracing.com. i think they do make the sound a little deeper, and they flow a LOT better, so they will make a little more hp too. not sure if you'll be able to feel it or not. i gotta say that the cars ive heard with LT's on them usually do sound great though.