how to make 97 gt fast(er)

• Sponsors (?)

i just talked to a machine shop and they said to make the heads as badass as they could be it would be $550 and i would have to buy my own valve train, guy said that "alot of ppl do it the pi swap, thats good for about 40hp, the way im gonna do these heads, they be good for about 130hp, about the equalivalent of patriot stage 3s" idk whats true and not but sounds like the answer to my problem. what other parts besides the heads, intake manifold and i have a head replacing kit witch has dipstick tube, head gaskets, exhaust manifold gaskets, and head stud bolts

are you sure ist not .431 cause mine sounds cammed out so that doesnt make sense.

"97speedster
I gained almost a full second in the 1/4 mile by adding UDP's and an Aluminium flywheel. "

how much of a difference does the fly wheel make. i herd the udp's add like 15hp

Flywheel made a huge difference the motors revs extremely fast and of course the huge weight difference.

Define really slow? Have you run it in the 1/4 yet?

I've got a 97GT as well. Bone stock, it ran 14.67 at 94mph. I've only added an offroad H-pipe, and that made a nice difference taking me to 14.46@96mph. It has 145k miles, and a paper filter even. That's not painfully slow. You might want to look into regular maitence things, like cleaning/replacing the airfilter, changing the spark plugs, plug wires, fuel filter, and cleaning the MAF. These cars are kinda bad about getting the MAF dirty and causing issues. And of course get a custom tune so the AFs are steady from tip in to your highest shift point.

my mustang is slowwww. i got an o/r h pipe injectors, cam and intake and its just as fast as it was in the first place, i know theres more stuff todo but how do i get the stuff i have to work for now

maybe i just suck at driving lol, i ran 14.6 w/mine on bald tires. maybe i should take the cam out and put it back to stock but i think that the injectors will food it out so idk what todo,

oh and 3.73s or 4.10s?

btw sometimes i just cant keep it running at a light if im not playing w/ the trottle the whole time it will die and other times it idles fine

Just make it run right with the parts you already have! How did you compensate for the bigger injectors? You should have either re-tuned the computer or gotten a matching larger MAF. If it won't even run right at idle, then you have major air-fuel ratio problems. You really just need to get this streighted out by getting it tuned!

maybe i just suck at driving lol, i ran 14.6 w/mine on bald tires. maybe i should take the cam out and put it back to stock but i think that the injectors will food it out so idk what todo,

oh and 3.73s or 4.10s?

btw sometimes i just cant keep it running at a light if im not playing w/ the trottle the whole time it will die and other times it idles fine