How To Make Free 03 Cobra Spoiler Harness

evil281

Jan 6, 2008
Arizona
step 1: cut off the gt brake light plug end leaving room to reuse the plug end, toss brake light in trash
step 2: cut off the cobra brake light plug end and toss in trash.
step 3: using wire connectors match the black wires up with the wire coming from the cobra brake light to the gt plug end you cut off in step 1.
step 4: using wire connectors match the green wires up with the wire coming from the cobra brake light to the gt plug end you cut off in step 2.
step 5: cut off or cap remaining wire on gt plug end, it is used to power the bulb that lights up the trunk which is removed with the gt brake light
step 6: plug the two connectors together and test brake light

here is a picture of the finished product, i do not have a step by step as i did this about 6 months ago and there seem to be alot of questions on it so im posting this to try and help some people save some money.

REVISED2.jpg

enjoy your new FREE functioning spoiler and brake light
DSCF2900.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Nice writeup....I would have done this but I did order the harness and it did just arrive today lol. So apart from the brakelight I remember you mentioned something about having an extra wire for the trunklight....can't you just use the stock GT trunklight? since you are not touching anything on the GT harness other than the end of the brakelight wire?

Nice writeup....I would have done this but I did order the harness and it did just arrive today lol. So apart from the brakelight I remember you mentioned something about having an extra wire for the trunklight....can't you just use the stock GT trunklight? since you are not touching anything on the GT harness other than the end of the brakelight wire?

The problem is the trunk light is physically mounted on the backside of the gt brake light, now you might be able to pull them off and mount them somehow but to me that wasnt anything i needed as i dont use my trunk nor do i really ever drive at night

Ah ok I get it. I was just reading in another forum of some guy who bought complete cobra trunklid w/harness and now hes saying that harness won't connect to his GT..

I just paid $60 for that harness and I was told it was suppose to work...damn do you know anything bout that?