How to mount Battery in the trunk???

I have a 65 Fastback and I would like to mount the battery in the trunk. I have the cables but would like to know how to route the wires in a classic mustang etc... I would also like to know how people are connecting etc... A website and some pictures would also help thanks. I just finished treating the floor pans to some POR 15 Action... :D

• Sponsors (?)

As far as I know the best bet is just routing it through a small hole in the firewall right along the bottom, under the sill plate, and then back up into the trunk. The question is where to mount the solonoid. In front leaves a hot wire going through your car, solonoid in back means safer but puts more strain on the solonoid... A lot of people mount it in back. A box is a good idea too- :nice: to the Moroso one. Congrats on the POR-15, I plan on doing the same thing to my trunk later on too.
THe Swede

I have a '69 coupe I opted to do this in. I just ran the hot wire from the solenoid in the front under the sill plate on the pass. side, and then to the battery in the trunk. Works fine, but I need a better ground, cuz it is just grounded to the trunk floor right now. I need to run a ground cable all the way to the front also. I just don't know where (i.e. dont have the room) to run it yet? :shrug: Not too much trouble with it the way it is set up now. Just the ground isn't as effective as it would be if I ran a wire. Sometimes doesn't start up.. :bang: but that is easily fixable by going back to the trunk and fiddling with the connections. Hope this helps, I would post pics if i had any... maybe in a couple days...