How to remove material from fulcrum??

Creomod

5 Year Member
Sep 14, 2018
San Antonio,Texas
Hello,now I am installing a set of 1.6 scorpion rockers on my block with e7 heads and I was wondering does anyone know how to remove material/ Mill fulcrums? I was thinking maybe wet sanding with a very fine sandpaper consitit even pressure and maybe counting how many time I go back n fourth? Not sure. I am getting a speck (sweep) not really a sweep more like a speck in middle in the 6.250 range was thinking if I ground fulcrum it Wll change everything and might be able to get different results because I can't get a sweep trying various pr lengths.Another thing I put a straight edge on top of the table stems and my intake cylinder#3 in shorter then the rest so am I supposed to go with another or longer pushrods? If anyone might have some info I'd greatly appreciate it

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

Removing metal from those fulcrums w/o a method to check whether or not you're doing it evenly, and consistently, is a fools game. There is already a shim kit that you place under the fulcrum already out there. The process for getting proper pushrod geometry is documented very well all you gotta do is watch. And the first thing you're gonna need is an adjustable pushrod.

Reactions: 1 user
Removing metal from those fulcrums w/o a method to check whether or not you're doing it evenly, and consistently, is a fools game. There is already a shim kit that you place under the fulcrum already out there. The process for getting proper pushrod geometry is documented very well all you gotta do is watch. And the first thing you're gonna need is an adjustable pushrod.
Thanks for the response,I have the tf checking tool but I can't get a actual sweep. Or I have gotten a good sweep under .95 then tried same exact combo with same shim combo and didn't get sweep just speck mark. Would that be considered a sweep?

I would think there would be no benefits to adding roller rockers to e7 heads.
but what do I know :shrug:
The roller stuff is an old trick from the magazines and does pick up . Negligible but does . Goes back to the days of scattering 1.6 on the intake and 1.7 on exhaust side

The scorpion rr I had on a set of ported e7 heads didn't need to be shaved to fit. One or 2 of them were shimmied differently than the others. Can't remember what length push rods I used. Those roller rockers were super quiet and lasted for years. Actually, sold them on my 347.

Lol that does that mean I should run 1.6 & 1.7 rockers?
Every ford cam is based around a 1.6 rocker ratio

The 1,7 increases lift by like 28 or 32 thousandths . I don’t remember off hand but it was to get some more out of the severely anemic exhuast side on stock heads