How to store my stang if not driven that often

Can anyone recommend how to properly store you stang if not driven much over the winter? I’ve read a few posts about filling the tank and jacking the car up but wanted to get some clarity.

Do you guys put your car up on stands and cover it during the winter to prevent bald spots in the tires? Or do you put down rubber mats instead?

Also, when not driving it for awhile, are there any additives you should add to the gas? Not sure if I should store with a full tank of 93 or barely any gas.

Thanks all!

• Sponsors (?)

Full tank of gas with some stabil. Start the car and let it run a bit to circulate the fuel. Inflate the tires to the MAX psi on the sidewall. Some socks with steel wool in them stuffed up the tailpipes (for rodents) and I usually change the oil so that the car is stored with fresh oil (old oil can contain corrosive contaminates).

That's about it. It's Jan now so if this storage is only til spring, there's not much else you really need to do. I do have a set of spare wheels with junk tires, so i typically swap wheels in the winter so it sits on the junk tires

I do everything 5L5 stated and for my tires to prevent flat spots I put the car up on 2” thick foam insulation blocks. I buy a sheet at Home Depot and cut to size.
I also place glue traps under the engine bay in case something, small rodent, gets in the garage and tries to climb inside the bay to chew wires. Hopefully it will get stuck before it gets to climb up. Lol
Also a battery tender for the battery.
Some people put those products in the car to prevent or help with any dampness.
That’s about it....

Attachments

• 39003267-6D61-47D6-AA31-A1EAB94556FD.jpeg
    39003267-6D61-47D6-AA31-A1EAB94556FD.jpeg
    458.9 KB · Views: 44
Full tank of gas with some stabil. Start the car and let it run a bit to circulate the fuel. Inflate the tires to the MAX psi on the sidewall. Some socks with steel wool in them stuffed up the tailpipes (for rodents) and I usually change the oil so that the car is stored with fresh oil (old oil can contain corrosive contaminates).

That's about it. It's Jan now so if this storage is only til spring, there's not much else you really need to do. I do have a set of spare wheels with junk tires, so i typically swap wheels in the winter so it sits on the junk tires
Great info, thank you! So you just inflate the tires to the max PSI to prevent flat spots on the tires?

I do everything 5L5 stated and for my tires to prevent flat spots I put the car up on 2” thick foam insulation blocks. I buy a sheet at Home Depot and cut to size.
I also place glue traps under the engine bay in case something, small rodent, gets in the garage and tries to climb inside the bay to chew wires. Hopefully it will get stuck before it gets to climb up. Lol
Also a battery tender for the battery.
Some people put those products in the car to prevent or help with any dampness.
That’s about it....
Awesome, thanks! I'll look into the foam for sure. Wasn't sure if foam or rubber mats helped. I've read about people jacking their cars up to prevent the flat spots but wasn't sure if that was necessary.

Great info, thank you! So you just inflate the tires to the max PSI to prevent flat spots on the tires?

It's worked for me, but I do think it all depends on the brand of tires. Also, what are you storing the car on? If it's something that can hold moisture, like blacktop or bare dirt, you'll prob want to jack the car up to get it off the ground and allow for airflow circulation under the car to prevent corrosion.

Added for clarity
It's worked for me, but I do think it all depends on the brand of tires. Also, what are you storing the car on? If it's something that can hold moisture, like blacktop or bare dirt, you'll prob want to jack the car up to get it off the ground and allow for airflow circulation under the car to prevent corrosion.
Thanks. I’m keeping in my garage, concrete floor.