How's the fit of hooker 1 3/4" Longtube headers?

Grn92LX

Fidanza Man!
Founding Member
Jan 14, 2001
New York
I was about to buy the 1 3/4" ceramic bbk LT's but I figured i'd look into the hookers before I bought anything. I see that their slip fit. I hope their nothing like the bassani's I just sold because if so, then i'm definatly not getting them. Hows the fit and quality? Do they clear a mcleod blowproof bell? I know the bbk's are a lot easier to work with, but the hookers look more equal length and have a true 3" collector. Seems like they'll definatly make more power at the level i'm at with my combo over a 1 3/4" bbk. I read on corral where a guy measure his bbk collector and it was 2.37". Looks like a big bottleneck IMO compared to a true 3".

Its part # 6227.

• Sponsors (?)

please visit a fortune teller already, mike. atleast then you will know what you will have gotten/to get instead of taking up valueable stangnet space. :D

Is there much price difference between the BBKs and Hookers?

The painted hookers are cheaper than the ceramic BBK's. The main thing I liked was the 3" collector. I feel the tiny bbk collector will be a bottleneck.

90Notchback, do they clear a big bellhousing? I'm wondering if they'll clear my mcleod blowproof?

Anyone else use them?

the mac headers have a true 3 inch collector..and clear my mcloud bell just fine...i beleave you can buy them ceramic coated now...couldnt when i got mine....but if i cared how pretty they looked id build a show car :D

I just installed a set of 6228 on a 408, 2" primary, 3.5" collector. They cleared the blowproof on the Freddy Brown AOD with no problems, hang very low in the car though, 2-3" off the ground. I am blaming some of it on the ****ty K-member in the car but I can't go but maybe 1/2" higher on the tubes hit the floor.

A buddy on mine ran a set of Hooker Super comps on his TFS-R a few years ago, 8.2 deck and was very happy with them. The finish is nice...

what are you people with the hooker headers doing for a mid pipe? do they make an X that fits the fox with their headers? I know they make an X pipe for the modular cars with their long tubes because my brother has that setup, but to my knowledge they don't have anything for the foxes

Sounds good.

It'll be a nice little jigsaw puzzle exhaust if I go this route with the hookers and dr gas.

Rick, how much power do you think i'd give up using bbk 1 3/4" (and their sh itty collector) with a 2.5" H pipe vs the hookers and dr gas 3" X? Since you know my combo to the Tee ;)

87AODGT said:
what are you people with the hooker headers doing for a mid pipe? do they make an X that fits the fox with their headers? I know they make an X pipe for the modular cars with their long tubes because my brother has that setup, but to my knowledge they don't have anything for the foxes

Flowtech makes both an H and X pipe with the 3 bolt flange to work with those headers.

FYI, Both Hooker and Flowtech are owned by Holley.

I'm not running a Mid Pipe
554398_102_full.jpg