HP guess

So I've been curious as to what my car makes power wise. It runs good but isnt very ballsy. I've run 13.90's in it before with a 2500 stall and 2.80's.

Current combo:

289 bored .040
TRW flat tops
E7 heads gasket matched, bowl blended, 3 angle valve job, roller rockers
Isky 262 Super Cam Valve Lift - INT .445 EXT .445 262/262 adv duration
Performer RPM Air-Gap
Electronic ignition
Longtube headers
Edelbrock 600cfm carb (soon to be changed to a Holley)

If anyone has suggestions as to what would give it a power boost let me know. I want to step up to a bigger cam but with the low comp ratio I think thats a bad idea.

• Sponsors (?)

There are online calculators that can give you a ballpark hp figure if you input your car's race weight and mph in the quarter. What was your mph?

Also what was your 60 foot time? If you ran a 13.90 with 2.80 gears you are doing very well! Swap those out for a set of 3.80's and watch your times plummet. That will be your biggest bang for the buck and best seat of the pants
kick. Did you race with street tires or drag tires?

Your cam is mild. Especially the lift numbers. I like the Comp XE grind cams. I used to run low 13's with the XE268H with way too stiff valve springs. So it could have done much better. E7 heads really need help on the exhaust. So a dual pattern cam favoring the exhaust will greatly help. Are you using mandrel bent exhaust pipes with H or x pipe and good mufflers?

Just some ideas...

+1 on the rearend upgrade. It's not a power boost, but will make your car more efficient in the quarter mile with the right gears. With the C4 and that mild cam, start looking at 3.50:1 gears (w/ trac lok, truetrac, locker). :nice: