New Guy - 82 Capri 5.0 Thread

82merc

Mar 23, 2014
Just introducing myself here. New guy from Quebec, Canada. I'm familiar with a couple of other forums, but am new to Stangnet. So far it looks pretty good, with a nice variety of cars. Much time will be wasted. Looking forward to posting, and hopefully I'll have some updates on my Capri this summer. I am also working on a 1965 Mustang fastback for my uncle. It's a NY car (Long Island to be precise), and extensively rusty. Currently, it's stripped bare, awaiting a good soda blast. Might start another thread for the '65.

Here's the Capri. It's an '82 5.0 base model car:
2013-11-04114113_zpsc6a9fa24.jpg
2013-11-04114002_zpsaafeb17a.jpg

Current state of the car:
Stock bottom end refreshed by me a couple of summers ago
Stock cam
E7TE Heads
Edelbrock 600CFM Carb
Edelbrock Performer 289 Intake
BBK 1-5/8"Unequal length shorties
2.5" Mac H-Pipe and tails, Dynomax VT mufflers
8.8 rear with 3.55's
World Class T5, King Cobra clutch/MM quadrant+adjuster/Tri-Ax with Hurst chrome stick and knob
Stock (boxed by me) rear control arms
Eibach Pro-Kit springs, KYB shocks and struts
87-93 5.0 front spindles+brakes
16" Enkei 92's (my pride and joy)

Best ET so far was on this setup - 13.90 @ 102 mph with old MT slicks and a crappy reaction time/60'. Not looking to drag race much more until I get some SFC's welded in. Plans for this summer include:

GT40P heads that I've been slowly porting/sitting on for the past 3 years, including alex's springs, new valves, etc...
Performer RPM intake that I'm also sitting on
CC plates to compensate for my narrow '82 K-Member
New tires
Maybe start body work if I feel like it.

Anyway, hope someone actually reads this lol... Looking forward to posting more!

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)