HUGE oil puddle undernearth my car in the garage!

Pokageek

Jun 10, 2005
MA, USA

Turns out it is power steering fluid. I have no idea how or why but the fluid is acting like it is overfilled and pressurizing out of the top! WTH!!??:shrug: :shrug:

I did pull the car in with no belt on the other day and moved it back and forth with the car off turning the wheel back and 4th to get it positioned in the garage.. would that do it? :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

You had me for a minute...

Good question, I don't know. Towards the end of last year my power steering fluid was leaking out the top while the cap was on for no apparent reason. I still haven't figured it out.

When I used to run a "short" belt at the track, which bypassed everthing but the alt and wp. My PS would overflow when turning the wheel. I guess if the pump ain't turning the fluid in the rack has to comeback up in the reservoir.

When I used to run a "short" belt at the track, which bypassed everthing but the alt and wp. My PS would overflow when turning the wheel. I guess if the pump ain't turning the fluid in the rack has to comeback up in the reservoir.

Well I just talked to a guy that I know wh works on countycop ford s and he says that is what fords do if the belt is off.

It will puke PS fluid all over the place. Put the front end on jackstands, start the car, and turn the wheels lock-to-lock a few times. It should get the fluid level to stabilize.