Interior and Upholstery Hurst shift handle on a pro 5.0 shifter?

sav22rem22

Feb 6, 2020
North Carolina
So I’m about to be buying a pro 5.0 shifter for my 89 GT and I’m wondering if anyone with experience with the two knows if this https://lmr.com/item/HUR-5380036/7-93-Mustang-Hurst-5-Speed-Shift-Handle-Bezel-Kit handle will fit on it. I’m not sure if the bolts will be too small and I don’t want to buy both just to have to be out of money. I have a cheap generic short throw from a previous owner in right now

• Sponsors (?)

I'd be surprised if it worked effortlessly.
I still have my old hurst shift handle which was my favorite ever (the short angled one with an offset) and the holes and sizes haven't lined up with any other shifter i had. I think i might be able to make it work on my tri-ax/tko shifter if i had tiny bushings made because the screw holes are much larger.

Reactions: 1 user
So I’m about to be buying a pro 5.0 shifter for my 89 GT and I’m wondering if anyone with experience with the two knows if this https://lmr.com/item/HUR-5380036/7-93-Mustang-Hurst-5-Speed-Shift-Handle-Bezel-Kit handle will fit on it. I’m not sure if the bolts will be too small and I don’t want to buy both just to have to be out of money. I have a cheap generic short throw from a previous owner in right now
Yes it fits perfect I did the same thing its just the Hurst shifter knob is to small for my big hands lol so I put the 5.0 pro shifter handle back on with the cobra 5speed shifter knob and its sweet.

I have the pro5.0 shifter with a Hurst type shifter, I don't know if it is actually a Hurst or not, it was one I had lay'n around, I did use 2 brass door pin bushings because the holes in the shifter were bigger, works great.
Interesting. I actually have a hurst handle lying around but don’t have the car or shifter to test it on yet. Appreciate the response

Also please note that the cobra knob does not fit on to the Hurst shifter handle. So I kinda wasted my money buying the hurst. But it fits on the pro 5.0 shifter handle perfectly and shifting from 2nd to 3rd gear is a breeze with the pro 5.0 shifter handle I love it.
And finally make sure when your installing your new 5.0 pro tower shifter that you put lots off grease on that bushing you might want to pick a new one up at lmr.
Also I bought this gasket kit