Brakes Hydro boost foxbody

Foxbody_1990

Jul 7, 2020
The south
Hey guys swapping a coyote into my fox, I took my hydro boost system of my 96 but was gonna run a manual rack on the car, has anyone tried to just run the hydro boost with let’s say a stand alone pump? It would it be best to bite the bullet and get the kit that has it all?

• Sponsors (?)

I've heard of people doing it with an electric hydraulic pump and the assistance of the company hydrotech.
Could be an expensive proposition.
People tend to use their parts on higher end builds, some appear to be budgetless.

If you plan on using the 96 booster (which is what i have), i'd also plan on using the maximum motorsports mounting kit. Too bad it's on back order indefinitely. My booster has started to leak, most likely from the piston angle (there were no kits when i did the swap) and i planned on switching to their kit, when i pull the hydroboost for a rebuild.
According to MM i'm 18th in line to get the kit when they get all the parts back in stock.

I've heard of people doing it with an electric hydraulic pump and the assistance of the company hydrotech.
Could be an expensive proposition.
People tend to use their parts on higher end builds, some appear to be budgetless.

If you plan on using the 96 booster (which is what i have), i'd also plan on using the maximum motorsports mounting kit. Too bad it's on back order indefinitely. My booster has started to leak, most likely from the piston angle (there were no kits when i did the swap) and i planned on switching to their kit, when i pull the hydroboost for a rebuild.
According to MM i'm 18th in line to get the kit when they get all the parts back in stock.
Did you coyote swap yours? How did you do the setup?

Terminator swap.
I used the 96-98 hydroboost and hoses. One hose I had a hydraulic shop cut and extend.
In retrospect I should have just used the 99+ hydroboost.

Swaps eat up money.
It's just a fact.
I tell people calculate what you think is a realistic number, then double it.
Everyone thinks it's an engine, trans, k member and then some cheap misc. parts.
It's just not the case.

Do it once and do it right. Doing it twice surely will not work out economically.
If you need to spend $800 more, spend $800 more.
If you don't have it, wait until you do.

In the end, i spent at least $2000 more than i planned.

Unless this is a race car, i wouldn't be using a manual rack.

Swaps eat up money.
It's just a fact.
Everyone thinks it's an engine, trans, k member and then some cheap misc. parts.
It's just not the case.

Do it once and do it right. Doing it twice surely will not work out economically.

Swaps eat up money.
It's just a fact.
It's just not the case.

See my last mustang had a manual rack and I loved it so that wouldn’t bother me. Didn’t want AC either at the moment so I don’t wanna spend where I don’t have too.

I’m doing it on my car. It’s a 302 for now but I want to install the hydroboost now in prep for “something” later.

went with the 99-04 booster and just ordered the MM kit (LMR has one left). At that point, it will likely be custom hoses to my rack and fox pump.

Mike, if i'm reading him right (and i may not be), i think he's trying to avoid buying the $800 bracket kit from LMR.
Wants to use the hydroboost with a standalone pump.
Which i believe to be possible, but in the long run it will most likely be more troublesome and expensive.

I do however believe you can use the power steering pump without going to an actual rack, i think the pressure just needs to be regulated (not totally sure).