HyFire VI or MSD Digital 6+

Mallory HyFire VI or MSD Digital 6+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

icarus

Founding Member
Jul 29, 2000
Frederick, MD
I've been looking around for a new ignition and was all set on buying the digital 6+ when I ran across the HyFire VI. I haven't been able to find much on what other owner think because not many are running the Hyfire. The Hyfire VI has some extra features, not that need them now, but it gives the car room to grow without having to purchase a lot of other accessories in the future. What do you guys think, any bad experiences with the Mallory? Should just stick with the tried and true MSD?

• Sponsors (?)

I run the DIS 6 on my F250 460 and LOVE IT!!

Easy to adjust, take littles Amps to run and SUPER easy wire hook up!!

Looking to buy the complete system for the stang in the future.

I have used MSD for 20yrs and no problems to date.

What do you want to hear? The simplest of installs(easy tach hookup), digital, many features which include a tach test..lets you know if your tach is off or not. Found my Autometer is off 100rpm.

reliability, longevity, customer support, is what I'm really looking for. I guess if several stangers came back and said my (MSD/Mallory) broke in 6 months or it made my car run like sh t, or mine broke and customer service wouldn't give the time of day, then I probably wouldn't buy one. experiences..... with either

NoSlo90; How long have you had yours? ever have any problems, glitches, etc?

icarus said:
reliability, longevity, customer support, is what I'm really looking for. I guess if several stangers came back and said my (MSD/Mallory) broke in 6 months or it made my car run like sh t, or mine broke and customer service wouldn't give the time of day, then I probably wouldn't buy one. experiences..... with either

NoSlo90; How long have you had yours? ever have any problems, glitches, etc?

Had one go bad..was just cruising down the highway and the car died. I figured it was the ignition, so i just unplugged it and plugged the stock back in and drove off. No clue as to what happened to it. No problem in replacing it. I've had the new one for about a year now..not one problem with it.

NoSlo90, i just ordered a HyFire VIa but one of my dads racing buddies says i should just send it back when it gets here, and pop for a MSD, i ordered the mallory box and the TFI harness from jegs for $137.xx