i am sooo pissed offff

5literstang

Apr 15, 2003
Clark, NJ
i had my brakes done 2 weeks ago by my friend. he owns a shop and he did em for free. so 2 weeks of driving were great i had no problems, then yesterday while driving i heard a wierd sound....like a rubbing sound and it alos sounded like something was lose, so i checked it out nad everything seemed to be fine. then today on my way to lunch i heard something wierd and i saw a bolt in my side fall off as i was driving, i was like "'Kiss Me''Kiss Me''Kiss Me''Kiss Me'!!!!!" so i parked it and looked at my exhaust cuz that is what i thought it was, soafter lunch i decieded to take my car home and go out with my friend in his car....well i am pulling up my driveway and i hear "crrrrrrraaack" i looked underneath and my exhaust was still in my place, then my tire was deflating...i got out and looked at the inside of the rim and saw that is cracked! the bolt that i saw fly off was my caliper bolt! and the other one was lying in my driveway, my friend who put them on said he doesn't know how that happened...he put those bolts on with an airgun. he said someone might be messin with me, i think that i know who...but can someone losen caliper bolts that are air gun tight with out takin the rims off? i had wheels locks on so i know they ddin't take off the rim, but is that possible that they can come off like that? i am soo pissed.i just bought new rims too, my black cobra r's that are not someone goin to have to get fixed. please any feedback is welcome... :bang:

• Sponsors (?)

after he gets out of class we are goin to put my caliper bolts back on and put the stock rims on...i am so pissed off, i better get some ass from my girl tonight! the rims is cracked down the middle but it's not slit in hanf just cracked a little....can they fix that?

5literstang said:
after he gets out of class we are goin to put my caliper bolts back on and put the stock rims on...i am so pissed off, i better get some ass from my girl tonight! the rims is cracked down the middle but it's not slit in hanf just cracked a little....can they fix that?
\
I have been doing brake jobs for 20 yrs, I have owned 4 mustangs, and NEVER had a caliper bolt come off that was TORQED to spec. I have seen them come off , if they were not installed correctly, and just using an air gun does not guarantee they are tight. I have put bolts on with an air gun , and found the air gun adjusted to say 20 lbs of torque, and you could almost take them out by hand.

i am so confused on what happened...i made some enemys on saturday night becasue i didn't want my sister hangin out with some dirtbags so i told her to get in the car and they were all like "u better watch out, you and ur car" so i don't know if they are that smart to do that, but the brakes seemed to be fine for the 2 weeks that i had them. i don't know , but i tihnk it was a bad install. cuz i hink i remember hearing a sound before i made enemies 3 days ago but the sound went away quick

my friend said that the rim can be fixed and he is goin to see what he can do about it...hopefully it can be fixed...it better be fixable cuz if it isn't then i don't know where i am goin to get another black cobra r rim with a polished lip!

yea i know...i am really pissed, i don't know if u guys read the thread "how should i ask her", that thread was started by me and i told that girl what happened and she said "don't worry, we will fix it, i'll make u feel much better" so i am kinda happy about that

well i just found out that the rim cannot be fixed, i need a new one, so now i have to buy another cobra r for like 150 then it costs 110 to have it powdercoated black and have the lip polished, the guy who did my bakes is all worried that i am goin to make him pay for everything, i ithnk i might lol, cuz money for me right now is not looking good.

yea it was abad install...i don't wanna be a dick or anything and make him pay for it all cuz he is my friend, but he is goin to help me pay for it and he also said u don't have to worry about goin for inspection anymore and having to swap the cats for the off road, so that's good, but they are goin to order the rim and have it powdercoated, until then right now i have the black r's out back and the tri bars up front,, they look bad..lol