i am stuck on me next upgrade

stanggt00

Jul 16, 2003
baltimore md
ok guys i am tring to buy 1 part for my car every pay

i have adj. upper control arms that i have not installed yet because i was going to get the lower control arms also and install them at the same time

question do i need adj. lowers or are standard lowers fine

second question should i just wait on the lower control arms and get the o/r x-pipe next

its seems after running 6times at the track sunday i could not do anything better then a [email protected] mph 2.1 60'

so will the extra power pull me into the 13's or just keep up the suspension mod's

i know if i get drag tires i my be able to pull of the 13 but my goal is to make the car fast with my street tires

last question since the car will be na for some time do i need lt headers or will a set of shorty headers do just fine only asking because i dont want to get x-pipe if i will have to replace it later for a lt header x-pipe

that way i will just wait and get the lt headers and x-pipe together

• Sponsors (?)

I would definately get some new lower control arms, especially if your going to be replacing the uppers. Not only will you save yourself some time by installing them together, but the stock lowers definately do not support good traction. You'll need both for a good setup.

Since you already have the upper control arms, Ide just get the lowers and wait on the x-pipe. Although an x-pipe will give you more top end power, and a better sound, its not going to improve matters on traction. As stated before, since you got the uppers, get the lowers and be done with them. Then, worry about an x-pipe.

If youre going to mess with headers, I recommend LT's. Short tubes on a n/a 4.6ltr will probably be a waste. Headers are expensive and if youre going to spend the time and money to mess with your headers, I recommend LTs for best power gains for the dollar over short tubes.

EDIT: Should you decide to go with LT headers, hold off on the x-pipe and then when you decide to get the LT headers, just get a matching x-pipe then.

DaDDyGSp0T said:
if you buy LT Headers...dont you have to get a short x pipe?

Yes, or you can have one meant for short tubes cut down and modified to fit. Of course, thats a crappy way to go to. Its best just to have a matching x-pipe that will fit perfectly without any cutting and welding needed.

woot thxs man for the fast reponse i will complete the rear-end then with the lower control arms but do i need adjustables or no i got a good deal on the upper adjustales from jdperformance

so i will just follow up with subframes once the arms are done and start saving for the lt headers and matching x-pipe

:flag:

Dark Knight GT said:
Yes, or you can have one meant for short tubes cut down and modified to fit. Of course, thats a crappy way to go to. Its best just to have a matching x-pipe that will fit perfectly without any cutting and welding needed.

i would just get the shorty headers then

guys are adjustable lowers a must have or are they just as good as standard non adjustables

ps the car is a daily driver and weekend warrior

my goal is traction first,power second and then looks

so my next few mods will be
subfames
lt headers/x-pipe
procharger

then
strut tower bracers
sway bars
k-member

stanggt00 said:
woot thxs man for the fast reponse i will complete the rear-end then with the lower control arms but do i need adjustables or no i got a good deal on the upper adjustales from jdperformance

so i will just follow up with subframes once the arms are done and start saving for the lt headers and matching x-pipe

:flag:

If the uppers are adjustable, then solid lowers should be fine since you adjust your pinion angle with the uppers, not the lowers. Ide only get adjustable lowers if I was building a super serious track car.

stanggt00 said:
guys are adjustable lowers a must have or are they just as good as standard non adjustables

ps the car is a daily driver and weekend warrior

my goal is traction first,power second and then looks

so my next few mods will be
subfames
lt headers/x-pipe
procharger

then
strut tower bracers
sway bars
k-member

As I stated in the last post, Ide only get adjustable lowers if I intended to turn my car into a serious track car. Even then, it might not be necessary.

The list you have looks pretty good. I might say adding a dyno tune in there after the procharger and exhuast mods might be a good idea.